Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
OK, ordered just to complete my collection of Jolla devices. None left out so far.

I had no problems with the shop. All went fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by romu View Post
I wonder if this way to sell the Jolla C, is just not a workaround to sell the Intex SFOS phones which finally will never been released.

Hope to be wrong...
Seems to me more likely to be a way to show potential investors that there is still significant interest in the product and that Jolla could shift a useful quantity of devices if only they had some cash. If they can get 1000 signups for a community programme in one day, then repeat the trick a few weeks later, they at least have a core of interested users.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Sold out? Hopefully everybody who was eagerly waiting got theirs

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
and
Availability: Out of stock

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Peccelius View Post
It is community program.
you can call it whatever you want, but we all know what it is. And shifting a few k of phones this way won't help them much.
If this phone is not CE compliant and can not be sold via regular channels, then they should have put more effort in their EU partner, finish that fairphone port and start selling something that can be sold in EU and is available. And that would help both of them. Sure, fairphone is not 179€ but still, I'm sure that with proper sailfish on it, they could sold 2k of them. Maybe not in 2x4 hours period but still.....

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
you can call it whatever you want, but we all know what it is. And shifting a few k of phones this way won't help them much.
If this phone is not CE compliant and can not be sold via regular channels, then they should have put more effort in their EU partner, finish that fairphone port and start selling something that can be sold in EU and is available. And that would help both of them. Sure, fairphone is not 179€ but still, I'm sure that with proper sailfish on it, they could sold 2k of them. Maybe not in 2x4 hours period but still.....
Jolla c is CE certified, I asked to Jolla's community manager.
Otherwise I wouldn't have bought one. Dont know the sar value,though, but at least is under EU law

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Jolla C has CE cert. And if I understand right this kommersant article (Google Translate) Jolla C(or AquaFish) & Oysters will come to Russia by the end of this year, says Pavel Eyges.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
I ordered one
Now I can sell my JP with TOHKBD. (PM)

Wysłane z mojej Jollki

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarvis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
And missed it again :-( shouldn't have taken the morning off for walking the dog :-( .
At least I spared some money and didn't join the beta test for the Aquafish before it will finally be released in India - or does anyone see the Jolla c programme in a different way ;-) - now many skilled people are testing the device and will report any hiccup immediately and it can be fixed before delivering the device in its markets ;-)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
And missed it again :-( shouldn't have taken the morning off for walking the dog :-( .
At least I spared some money and didn't join the beta test for the Aquafish before it will finally be released in India - or does anyone see the Jolla c programme in a different way ;-) - now many skilled people are testing the device and will report any hiccup immediately and it can be fixed before delivering the device in its markets ;-)
I also missed again as well. Was working in the office and when I realised already 15 mind passed. Was able to put into cart but unable to finish payment. It'a shame I was "that" close. Finally find another on the same boat.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os