Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
To me it happened twice while searching for free wifi - connect, error, connect, error, cancel... Not easily reproducible though, but a quite nasty bug.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Can someone confirm this: when selecting a connection to connect and then cancel the connecting, the whole list of connections seems to persist in my select connection dialog and is not updated until i reboot the device?

EDIT: This happened to me only twice, not sure if these instructions are enough to recreate it.
Confirmed. Happens to me a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
I've seen the last-scanned network list persist (sometimes at least; perhaps always?) until the initial scan finishes. Presumably if some error during the initial scan was not handled right, it would stay indefinitely, but I haven't seen that yet. I assume you did wait for the initial scan to complete, which seems to take a while when there are no APs...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
When do you get it qwerty?

@Benson: not waiting for it to complete every time, takes too long

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
When do you get it qwerty?
When I take my tablet out of offline mode using the select connection on the status bar, it can lag for a while so I go select connection and it's like I see "cached" wifi results.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
My home applets keep disappearing from my desktop. I have to keep going back and enabling them.

Neil

OK, if it only shows until the scan ends, then I'd say it's not a bug; it's a feature.

It allows you to immediately attempt to reconnect to any network that was there last time, without waiting for it to find that one.

You misunderstood. After the bug manifests itself, the cached connections are the only ones you get until you restart.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write up a HOWTO to set up the build environment for Diablo when it comes out. And I don't mind patching or hacking the hello world programs or doing post install updates or anything else as long as I know what is required and that at the end I can just download the tarball, unpack it, and type dpkg buildpackage and have it just work for all the examples at http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/ that link to tarballs? Even if there is a 4.1 howto full of patches it would make things so much easier.
I feel your pain, but there is hope. After a few hours of failing to properly incorporate the DIABLO targets into my CHINOOK scratchbox (more about that below), I decided to create a clean environment into /diablo/scratchbox. It's working fine but not perfect. Hello-world compiles out of the box, but the statusbar app didn't appear in the scratchbox statusbar. It does, however, appear in my tablet's statusbar after a package-and-install. I'm hacking away on it as we speak.

As for my hours waisted, the first indication that something was wrong with the use-the-old-scratchbox method was that af-sb-init.sh WASN'T EVEN IN THE DIABLO_ARMEL TARGET! It was in the DIABLO_X86 target. Huh!?...What!?..."I must have done something wrong". Nope. Well, maybe. But after clearing out both DIABLO targets and trying again I got the same result. And yeah, like I don't have my own sh*t to debug. Thus, I have a shiny new 2.6G /diablo/scratchbox.

Anyway, I followed the "strongly advised" method of http://repository.maemo.org/stable/diablo/INSTALL.txt and it didn't work. Fun.

Last edited by daperl; 2008-06-30 at 21:35.

My home applets keep disappearing from my desktop. I have to keep going back and enabling them.
Yes, this just happened to me today too!