Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Thanks Marcelo!

The copy and paste I was having trouble with was on the n810 using the ctrl-v on the keyboard. I never though the bring up the onscreen one and use the menu based paste. It's a workaround for now.

If I'm able to recreate the problem with synctunes I will try and dd the card to an image.

I would use my fingernail, if I had any ;-) It's my nervous tick. Canola it not the only application where scrolling/clicking is sometimes hard.

I'll try a complete uninstall and reinstall for beta6 to see if the download manager gets installed this time.

Cheers,
Eric

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Brontide, so you use other kinetic scrolling and don't feel the same right? I was investigating this, and of course some of them has small advantages (like smaller scrolling area = better speed = better feedback ) others have choose : it's easier to scroll sometimes harder to click, but for sure as I told you we will improve this even if we need to work hard as hell on this.

For Beta6, we will have a really complex set of changes in the core, so I would recommend you to use canola-cleanup to make sure things go well. We are a little bit more "conservative" for beta6, as we did TOO much changes (as we are approaching the support for third party) we need to make sure we don't brake too much stuff after

So, what application you use most that has the best click-not-click ratio? I have good results with UKMP, and you ? (mediabox uses the small icon on the corner so it's other case )

Br
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

hi,

Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
I don't know if this issue has been covered, but I don't understand how the ordering of photos works. On other image viewers, the pics come up in order according to filenames (alpha/numeric). In Canola, however, the pics are out of order, and I can't see a pattern.

I love the interface, but I would like my pics in order.
the pics are ordered by creation date (in the thumb view: the first row should have the newest images and the last the oldest).
if that is not happening to you, it is already fixed for the next release.

br

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by handful View Post
So, what application you use most that has the best click-not-click ratio? I have good results with UKMP, and you ? (mediabox uses the small icon on the corner so it's other case )

Br
Mauku unstable version has an innovative use for this problem. It's simple and works perfect: scrolling is done normally whereas to open an item is done by means of gestures, a gesture towards the right will open an item.
It's cool and it eliminates the problem of the unwanted clicks but it's not too easy for the users to determine how to open an item.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
My biggest problem has been with PAUSE in video. I love playing ripped movies on Canola2, and once you're in a ways (say, 1 hour) Pause does not work. Instead, the movie stutters forward.

Hi geraldKo : this is reallly weird, I will rip a movie today to see what is this : /
Actually I have one I will take a look. Really strange, but thanks for the bug report..

I will see if we can add the fix to the next release.

*are you using mplayer?

Br

Marcelo

I don't know if this issue has been covered, but I don't understand how the ordering of photos works. On other image viewers, the pics come up in order according to filenames (alpha/numeric). In Canola, however, the pics are out of order, and I can't see a pattern.

I love the interface, but I would like my pics in order.
the pics are ordered by creation date (in the thumb view: the first row should have the newest images and the last the oldest).
if that is not happening to you, it is already fixed for the next release.
Might I suggest that this is not a very good way to order the pics. Users will want to rename and renumber pics the way they want. Having the date override that makes it impossible to control things.

So, unless this feature is changed, I'm sticking with Quiver.

and once you're in a ways (say, 1 hour) Pause does not work. Instead, the movie stutters forward.
This is happening for me too. (Sometimes)

An important feature that is missing for me is that the program doesn't resume at the spot in the film where you last stopped it. Mplayer has this feature, but is a bit too primitive for me. Get this feature in Canola and it will be my default video player!

Hi guys,

We are testing this again, it's very odd, but if it's recurrent we will fix. Also the remembering state was a bug, it was supposed to work, so it will be add. We closed features 2 days ago, as deep changes were made because we are almost ready for developer support

So 46jimbo we are quite close tohave your as a User
BR

Marcelo

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Small one to add to the list. Please support am/pm in the time display depending on region/preference.

Can't wait for the next release, you guys are great!

Closed Thread