Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I filled in total bogus crap because I find the survey bogus and because you spammed. Not really, but I was tempted to do so. I mean the questions on page 2 don't allow much flexibility. What do you use these for? In order to get good results I suggest you interview a person instead. Preferably, many persons. You can interview by e-mail or phone, you just need to ask if someone is OK with this. Have your questions ready, and allow the person providing feedback to go in depth. No, better: force them to do so. Then, you can analyse and compile the material later. It does require more time, but the results are also far more useful. And, if that doesn't help, you can get quite some impressions by merely reading the forums here. Verdict: lazy student.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Wow... sounds like a marketing exercise to me. Or worse, an actual marketing tool.

Whatever it is... it's a poor attempt.

If you are a group of students who are attempting to use an enthusiasts forum on the internet for input, you might need to spend a little more time on research first.

(I should cross post this response in the multiple threads that you started and show you what a buzz kill it can be. )

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by manaswi View Post
Hi,
As part of interaction design project at University of Michigan, we (a group of 5 students) are designing Organizer for Maemo platform on Nokia Internet Tablet. The efforts are in collaboration with Season of Usabilty.
So you are five people working since two an a half months on this? How long does the entire project run? Who will do the implementation itself? I see that you assigned all kinds of manager and designer jobs to yourself, but there doesn't seem to be a single coder in your group.

Also do you have any maemo programming experience? Your design examples contain things that are more than tricky to implement. They might sure look great, but some of them are significantly different from the basic widgets gtk/hildon/maemo provide.

I'd really like to see such a project to become reality, but your documents so far look pretty dubious ...

Tags
internet tablet, maemo, nokia, online survey, organizer, push poll, spam