Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
at the moment I stay with SF2.
A move I can only recommend. 3.0 is highly overrated. On the other hand, while 3.0 did not fix any of the bugs introduced in 2.1 and 2.2, it may be worth pointing out that it was 2.1 and 2.2 that introduced them. So you may as well upgrade. You will not gain much, but neither will you lose much.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
why rejecting the beautiful ambience in sailfish 3.0 ?
good catch. I almost didn't see the sarcasm tags.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
overrated in first release of 3.0, but not later release I think. lol

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
My X 'cannot upgrade at this time' after downloading and rebooting, doesn't sound like I'm missing much but I like to keep up to date.

I haven't messed with the software so is it possible there's something wrong with my device? I only ask because it was in my pocket during a bike crash so the frame is cracked on all sides and there are colour marks on the screen, but other than that it seems to work perfectly. I don't know of any diagnostic tests in Sailfish.

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
My X 'cannot upgrade at this time' after downloading and rebooting, doesn't sound like I'm missing much but I like to keep up to date.

I haven't messed with the software so is it possible there's something wrong with my device? I only ask because it was in my pocket during a bike crash so the frame is cracked on all sides and there are colour marks on the screen, but other than that it seems to work perfectly. I don't know of any diagnostic tests in Sailfish.
Type *#*#310#*#* in dialler, or csd in terminal to enter diagnostics test

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
nah, SFOS 3.0 is GREAT and yall are haters

new pull down menu is almost 85% as good as harmattan UI!
ambience/topmenu is officially no longer the worst designed UI component in SFOS!

PLUS, the ambiences in the topmenu are so small now, that the feature FINALLY letting you hide them forever isnt even the killer feature of 3.0!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
on a side rant, seriously, does anyone out there give two $hits about ambiences?

personally, i just wanna silence my phone and not have apps be able to make sounds.
(how could anyone ever want MUSIC to play while phone is silenced? just turn on airplane mode if you dont want to be disturbed..)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
I actually hope they will make status-bar always visible soon. It clearly is inconvenient. 'Unlike', yeah, but no need to invent the bike.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Ambiences are for "powerpoint people" , I newer use any special backround etc. in windows, linux, sailfish. Stadard will do. Just want to MUTE handy, and also SEE THAT.
I know there are " skin addicts" who like to play, but does a skin/ ambience make better phone call, better browsing experience.
HELL NO!!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Before making a TJC "bug" report, i need to ask y'all first. Has anyone of you got fingerprint reader support on any XA2 variant?
I am asking because i see no mention of missing FP-Reader support in the release notes, yet it is not working on my h4113. Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x