Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There's the default exult.cfg in /etc/, it isn't removed on deinstall, maybe I should check that too. When started, Exult checks for it and if /home/user/.exult.cfg doesn't exist, it copies the other one over. Though it should be with the correct paths even now.

Can you try running Exult from xterm as a user? The command-line should be:
Code:
/usr/games/exult

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Aha gave it a try;

Same 'data files' warning, although I will try another uninstall and manually remove /etc/exult.cfg as well.

Hoping this time reinstalling will sort things out.

Yes it did!

Since a bare uninstall does not remove /etc/exult.cfg anyone who is not aware of it's existence can go in circles, if they somehow mess up their configuration.

That was a relief!

Thanks for the app & your helps Bundyo!

The Following User Says Thank You to tan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
If you like it and it works without bugs, vote for these two packages:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...1.2-15-maemo2/
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...1.2-15-maemo2/
wtf is wrong with you?!? this is still wrong. Thumbs aren't given by criteria of bug free software.

here you can find the right criteria:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing/QA_Checklist

but easiest would be the site I linked:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Help_testing_software
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Interesting reaction. Well, now its correct. The testing squad can review it properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Interesting reaction. Well, now its correct. The testing squad can review it properly.
well, if I give you every bit of information needed to make it correct and you aren't able to do it, it makes me wonder.

and secondly, testingsquad isn't only instance to test applications. anyone can do it but people asking their apps to be tested, must know how it must be made. There is no point for those "if you like it, give thumbs up" because it will destroy the sole meaning of extras as safer repository.

I can't stop wondering how some people don't see the big picture. You get lots of kudos by reacting quickly and correcting stuff unlike some people who only start arguing.

stock reply to authors is now created to http://wiki.maemo.org/Get_your_app_tested

feel free to make it better!
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
hi im really new with linux and my n900. i want to play this game but i cant seem to figure out where to put the game files. i dont have a mydocs folder. create one?

i also have installed exult and downloaded the ultima vii black gate game files and they are in a folder under documents after unzipping.

can someone explain to me the steps i need to to take to get this game running?

thanks

EDIT: i figured out my problem and it runs great. i didnt realize the default file manager doesnt view the actual system directory. so i downloaded one that does. cute explorer. but i didnt use it because all i needed to do was create the games folder under the local nokia root in the stock file manager. but i couldnt figure this out without cute explorer.

Last edited by Zmod; 2010-07-12 at 14:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zmod For This Useful Post:
Yup, that's it

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
i'm trying to figure out this "Digital Music" thing.
The .ogg files are installed fine to /usr/share/games/exult/music
I can play them fine with the built in app by clicking them
"Digital Music" is not an option on the main setup menu. I think it's supposed to be though? Once I start a new game, I can go to the settings and choose "driver: digital" for music, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing. I can't really test it properly since I'm at work, supposed to be "working" or whatever it is I'm paid for here. I'm going to play with the config file after lunch... Doesn't seem right.

Well, the two speakers beside every game name in the first menu should not be shown disabled if the game detects the digital music and sounds. You should also hear additional chirps ingame and the music is louder.