These all or nothing campaigns always scare me. This one is nerve-wracking.

Also contributed to this project, esp. once they announced they are working together with KDE to get Plasma Mobile working on it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
On a seperate chip, connected by high-speed serial uart, instead of inside the SoC with shared memory driver.
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Pretty much what r0kk3rz said.
That's exactly what I said, isn't it?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Over 60% is now reached they should reach at least 2/3 this week go go go.

I just contributing for the phone using bitcoin payment

I am also interested in the the developer kit but I have to think a little more before I decide. Anyone else bought the kit?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yet you do not feel the same restraint about Neo900
Don't think I'm giving a penny more to Neo900 UG until there's a product ready to purchase. $600 for a non-existent product is much more money than Neo900 UG ever asked me for, especially when the Purism crowd funding campaign doesn't inspire me with confidence for the reasons I've already stated.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
That's exactly what I said, isn't it?
Indeed, but then r0kk3rs went on to mention the monitoring which I don't think you mentioned at all. For me, the hardware monitors form a key part of the Neo900 sandbox solution.

Look, I'm really not interested in an argument, I was merely trying to point out that Purism don't mention anything about hardware monitors in their crowd funding campaign. Maybe they will decide to include them, maybe they won't. Who knows? I don't like to speculate. Maybe it's just me but I find several aspects of their campaign to be vague, confusing and misleading. Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2017-10-02 at 21:21.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Look, I'm really not interested in an argument, I was merely trying to point out that Purism don't mention anything about hardware monitors in their crowd funding campaign. Maybe they will decide to include them, maybe they won't. Who knows? I don't like to speculate. Maybe it's just me but I find several aspects of their campaign to be vague, confusing and misleading. Let's just leave it at that, shall we?
I have the same problem with Purism, it seems to me the thing is driven by marketoids and not engineers.

With Neo900 there is strong, reality-based evidence on what the team is doing, there are detailed schematics available of the bloody box down to the tiniest pull-up resistor.

With Purism there is just hyped-up words, there is no meat in the soup they are serving to you...

I don't trus marketoids, never have even though I have sometimes worked with them. They are only second to corporate IP lawyers on my list. There is an old saying describing some people that I can say for sure applies to all marketing teams, even to those in the companies I have worked for;
If you are asked something and you are in doubt about it always lie first, you can correct it later if it serves your puropse

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Currently they are at about 63% with 20 days to go. That means Purism has to raise about $27500 per day which is like about 46/day of new orders for the $599 device. Lets see where they're at in 5 and 10 days from now to determine the trend. Hopefully it is going in a positive way...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Currently they are at about 63% with 20 days to go. That means Purism has to raise about $27500 per day which is like about 46/day of new orders for the $599 device. Lets see where they're at in 5 and 10 days from now to determine the trend. Hopefully it is going in a positive way...
What happens if they fall slightly short though? Just wondering...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I think it's an all or nothing campaign (like ubuntu edge).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I think it's an all or nothing campaign (like ubuntu edge).
Indeed. And just about as convincing, I am sorry to say

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: