Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
Well today all my Skype contacts appear offline, and all Skype contact options have disappeared from their contact records, except for "Skype IM" which doesn't work. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I can still receive Skype calls, oddly enough.
That's interesting, I can log in and my Skype contacts appear just fine, haven't checked calls though.

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by prosper View Post
That's interesting, I can log in and my Skype contacts appear just fine, haven't checked calls though.
On my side, last time I talked with friend was 03/03/2017 at 18:59 from my N9 and we talked for about half an hour.

Not tested since ...

A++

Can you call Echo / Sound Test Service? I can't. I've checked over all the settings, nothing's changed. Only realized I couldn't place calls after trying to respond to one I received.

BTW this is on an N900, and the Skype account still connects with no errors.

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
i can call Echo service on my N900 (at least for now haha)

It is still working on my N9. My guess is MS set the deadline to encourage people to update, with possible discontinuation of support for the old version if not too many people are left on it. And maybe too many people are still on the old version. It does not really benefit MS to cut off a bunch of people who won't/can't update. So, keep your N9 registered to Skype! (I have it set to a status of "away" now at all times.) I really do not use Skype much but it is so cool to have it on the N9, so I hope it does not break.

Could also be based on location, whether or not we get cut off.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Same here. Skype working fine on my N9: can login and receive messages.

Just wanted to update, the problem turned out to be corruption in my ~/.Skype directory.

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Looks like the end has really come - few more days to go:
Attachment 39934
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Microsoft is trying so hard to kill Skype - why do they hate the products they have previously purchased for billions?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Time to focus on Telegram. I hardly ever used Skype on my N9, but it was good to know it's there and working.

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post: