Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
more than 1 minute if you have good/working networking = no A-GPS

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
You need to update certificates from last cssu-devel|testing as supl server has problems...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
@jonwil - for some reason my A-GPS is not working again.
Installed package versions:
Code:
~ $ dpkg -l *maemosec*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                        Version                     Description
+++-===========================-===========================-======================================================================
ii  libmaemosec-certman-applet0 0.1.5                       Certificate manager external UI library.
ii  libmaemosec-certman0        0.2.9                       Maemo certificate manager shared library
ii  libmaemosec0                0.2.9                       Maemo security base library
ii  maemosec-certman-applet     0.1.5                       Control Panel Certificate Manager plugin
ii  maemosec-certman-common-ca  0.2.9                       Common CA certificates
ii  maemosec-certman-tools      0.2.9                       Maemo certificate manager runtime tools
cmcli output:
Code:
~ $ cmcli -T common-ca -v supl.nokia.com:7275
1ad16dd494e161abd39bd94ed94bf8eafe4ede28 supl.nokia.com
 trust chain(1):
   b677fa6948479f5312d5c2ea07327607d1970719 VeriSign Universal Root Certification Authority
Verified OK
~ $ cmcli -T location-proxy -v supl.nokia.com:7275
1ad16dd494e161abd39bd94ed94bf8eafe4ede28 supl.nokia.com
 Verification failed: self signed certificate
I don't know what has happened here. Is it possible that somehow 'Nokia' has removed the old root cert which we worked around by using a different cert-store? My guess is that location-proxy checks in its cert store BEFORE it checks the common-ca store, since I assume it should succeed if it looked in common-ca as well, if the above cmcli output is anything to go by.

I'll downgrade the maemosec packages when I find time to see what happens.

Last edited by sicelo; 2017-09-04 at 08:31. Reason: adding [code] blocks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
uploading /etc/secure & /etc/certs for testing
Attached Files
File Type: gz sicelo_certs.tar.gz (283.0 KB, 73 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
If anyone else is having problems with AGPS, try 52.22.201.16 for the IP address in /etc/hosts and see if that works. If that doesn't fix it (or if 52.22.201.16 is already what you have in /etc/hosts), check what version of maemosec-certman-common-ca you are running (via dpkg -l). If you are running anything older than 0.2.9 you should upgrade to 0.2.9.

Easiest way to upgrade (with minimal risk) is to go to http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm...curity-certman then download and install (via dpkg -i) libmaemosec-certman0_0.2.9_armel.deb, libmaemosec0_0.2.9_armel.deb, maemosec-certman-common-ca_0.2.9_all.deb and maemosec-certman-tools_0.2.9_armel.deb.

If you are already running 0.2.9 and have checked that your IP address is correct and its still not working, try downloading maemosec-certman-common-ca_0.2.9_all.deb from the above repository URL and reinstalling it with dpkg -i

In sicelo's case downloading and reinstalling maemosec-certman-common-ca_0.2.9_all.deb was what fixed it (he was already running 0.2.9)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
I have found more information regarding the issue - it turns out that my certificates were NOT corrupted in any way. (for those not following IRC, a day or two after the fix mentioned above, the problem re-occurred).

TL;DR - if you have had a time update since the device was up, and A-GPS doesn't lock, while you have all the prerequisites mentioned by jonwil in previous post, stop and restart location-proxy
Code:
~# stop location-proxy
~# start location-proxy
I do not set time when my N900 boots up from battery out condition (I used the tweak that bypasses the prompt to set time). My time is then set via ntpdate as soon as I have a working network connection.

I know from syslog that location-proxy starts automatically when the device boots, and it would therefore seem that somehow location-proxy 'primes' itself ahead of time and having already decided (at bootup) that the time is incorrect, does not realize that the time is correct.

My conclusion might be wrong however, as it doesn't make sense to me how location-proxy manages to fail when running cmcli or openssl, when both of them report good certs when run manually. Either way, the behavior is reproducible.

In the meantime, stopping and restarting location-proxy works reliably for me thus far. And of course, the battery-out condition does not happen too often

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
TL;DR - if you have had a time update since the device was up, and A-GPS doesn't lock, while you have all the prerequisites mentioned by jonwil in previous post, stop and restart location-proxy
Code:
~# stop location-proxy
~# start location-proxy
My conclusion might be wrong however, as it doesn't make sense to me how location-proxy manages to fail when running cmcli or openssl, when both of them report good certs when run manually. Either way, the behavior is reproducible.

To you/me/us...

Well spotted, thanks!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
a-gps seems non-functional again. working for you @jonwil, or anyone else?
i haven't the time to troubleshoot yet. will do proper tests soon as i get a chance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Ok, for one thing, the IP address has changed,
https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/supl.nokia.com

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
Ok, for one thing, the IP address has changed,
https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/supl.nokia.com
Hmm... recently I was using supl.google.com - don't ask why; I read somewhere this solution when I had trouble with positioning last time. Anyway I checked and it did not work either (I was in a house though)...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:

Tags
a-gps, nokia n900