Active Topics

Poll: Which IT device do you own?
Poll Options
Which IT device do you own?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i got the N800 used by near chance, and cant really justify buying basically the same device again...

instead i save my money and wait for the next nokia, openpandora or something similar.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
So far it's 144 votes, 185 devices.

So roughly 28% of internet tablet owners have more than one device.

(For the statisticians: yes, I don't know how many people have three different models of device, nor how many have two different specimens of the same model, but I doubt they'll push the figure far from 28%).

Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
I don't know how many people have three different models of device
The votes are public. Right now I count 9 owners of all 3 models (fanoush, fpp, fredoll, hhedberg, lardman, lma, nhanguy, pycage, sachin007).

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Is it possible to change one's vote? I'm now the proud owner of an N810!!!

I got it at a great price via Kijiji.ca from a seller only to willing to let it go. It has found a very welcome home with me! I will cherish it always -- or until the N900 comes out -- whichever comes first. .

I look forward to contributing to this wonderful platform, and making good use of it in the meantime.

So without undue adieu, I hereby conduct myself into the brotherhood, er sisterhood, uh bristerhood (or siberterhood) of tablet owners.

}:^)~
YARR!

N810 totin' Capt'n

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
I have a n800

i am hoping to upgrade it to a N810 soon but cant decide to hang on to my n800 until the next Internet Tablet is out

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
So far it's 144 votes, 185 devices.

So roughly 28% of internet tablet owners have more than one device.
I don't think that people in this forum are in any way representative of "internet tablet owners". I'd bet that 99% of the tablet owners have only one device. Some of them may have a WSODed 770 in a drawer, but that doesn't really count.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I'm now the proud owner of an N810!!!
Excellent! We can expect the Maemo 5 lead device to begin shipping within the week.

Seriously, congratulations. After a year and a half of indecision and searching, I hope the reality of the device can live up to built up expectations. Have fun.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-03-31 at 15:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
I chose an N800 because of the two full-size sdcard slots and the rotating camera.

I wish the camera was more usable. It's the thing on my tablet that seems the most buggy.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Excellent! We can expect the Maemo 5 lead device to begin shipping within the week.

Seriously, congratulations. After a year and a half of indecision and searching, I hope the reality of the device can live up to built up expectations. Have fun.
Hahaha! Thanks, mate! To be honest, it's mainly been poverty that has prevented the purchase, but after 1.5 years of hard work, I'm in a much better financial position; hence the purchase itself.

I'm quite satisfied with the tablet. After lurking in these forums for god knows how long, I'm not surprised or dismayed by any of the tablets characteristics -- if feels as though I've already owned it. What I love most is that I currently have some very real uses for it (FBreader, liqbase, GarnetVM, MicroB, Canola -- mainly for FLAC playing) and the sheer capabilities of the system.

Actually, I'm stoked to start some serious open source developments targeting the tablet specifically as well as linux in general. I bring a very unique skillset to the table that I believe will be quite a benefit. I'm hoping that some of the projects I undertake will be largely influential pieces to the tablets future course.

Time to put my money where my mouth is!

Thanks again for the welcome, sjgadsby.

YARR!
}:^)~

(corrupt *)capt

Originally Posted by mrklaw View Post
I chose an N800 because of the two full-size sdcard slots and the rotating camera.

I wish the camera was more usable. It's the thing on my tablet that seems the most buggy.
I get quite alot of kernel errors trying to use the camera, unless freshly rebooted.

Seems the camera driver wants gigantic contiguous chunks of memory in kernel mode, which is very difficult after the system has been running for awhile and physical ram has become fragmented. I've watched my tablet swap lots of megs out while having 60 megs of free ram but not in any one chunk big enough for satisfying the allocation requests...

check the output of dmesg in an xterm. page allocation failure is the keyword..