Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Hi fellow maemo members,
I live in Dublin and plan to attend, have to go into work early to get time off.
If anyone is stuck for anything....well almost anything let me know.
Mark.

The Following User Says Thank You to mark_ireland For This Useful Post:
so......

are we anticipating a hardware announcement after the complete lack of meego at nokia world?

Last edited by jerryfreak; 2010-11-14 at 21:10.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
so......

are we anticipating a hardware announcement after the complete lack of meego at nokia world?
no both Intel CEO and Elop had said that Meego HW is 2011 event...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
In regards to any big announcements etc I have no idea, tomorrow is the keynotes so we should know more then. There's no real hype/buzz/feeling of impending excitement that I've picked up from the Nokians. Perhaps they are trained to hold it all in

Went to the Aviva tonight to help out with the volunteers at 8.30pm. I spotted Quim, he said that the lorry carrying the equipment was delayed til later but there was already plenty of volunteers anyway. Got to wish him a happy birthday. I've never introduced myself in real life, it probably came over a bit weird and awkward

D4 is still full of football (soccer for you US folks) fans, they'll be partying well into the night after today's result. It's good natured enough, but all the hustle and noise gets kinda annoying after a while.

Got some food at the hotel restaurant and gonna go watch some TV. I guess I need to get up early tomorrow to register and get my pass etc.

I haven't really got to meet anyone yet.. except for pycage ofcourse . I've spotted Texrat (or his twin) walking around but he always seems busy so haven't approached to say hello. I suppose Ive spotted people, I just don't know who they are yet

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
i too was unrequired for set-up volunteering. i should probably have eaten instead of consuming guinness. Did I say anything I shouldn't have?

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Just back from an unofficial BoF I guess or, as I renamed it, the "Texrat Midnight Lecture". I now know more about the threat of asteroids, population growth vs wealth, and feathers on a T-Rex than I ever thought I needed to know

I did bump into our first competition winner, dwaradzyn the developer of the excellent CloudGPS

Here's everyone trying to run away before Texrat starts a discussion on how a T-Rex can't high five with it's little arms..

For noobmonkey and others who want some names to the folks in the photos, fellow forumite Atilla77 is wearing the grey top with his back to the camera. For my shame I dont remember the names of the other two chaps (*help*), but I can confirm they're all genuinely nice blokes *thumbs up*

Keynote room opens at 8.45am tomorrow, gotta get up earlier to register and get my pass. Time for some kip I reckon.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
i too was unrequired for set-up volunteering. i should probably have eaten instead of consuming guinness. Did I say anything I shouldn't have?
Hmm you were drunk on Guinness eh? Let's see.... Kathy OMG the rumours! The things I heard you said! Also, the bar man wanted to know when you're going to come down and take back the frilly undies you left behind

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-11-15 at 02:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Are you guys serious... I was looking so much forward to this conference because I thought I was at least hear an official word about the N9...
So the conference is all about software only? Didn't the Maemo Summit introduced N900?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
me toon9 announcement was expected. *good feeling gone*

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
Are you guys serious... I was looking so much forward to this conference because I thought I was at least hear an official word about the N9...
So the conference is all about software only? Didn't the Maemo Summit introduced N900?
N900 was announced about week or two before Maemo conference. Yes Elop and Savander have already confirmed that we will see in 2011 Nokia announcing it's MeeGo devices.

But hey there's things like tablet UX that could be published in the conference and maybe some other than Nokia hw announcements.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Itīs nice to see pics of people. If there is more any web albums that get constantly updated & blog then please share the links

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
So you have completely missed Elop message about 2011 and Meego device. Hmphhh...Try to read news pal.

Tags
conference, meego