Posts: 131 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Pistoia, Italy
I'm sure that this fusion will bring lot of contents and ideas both for Maemo and for Moblin, pardon.... for MeeGo

I don't know so much about Moblin community and my first quesiton is: are they most located in USA or in Europe? This will influence so much the location of the next summit.

Who will "win" and be able to choose the location? This is another good question too

What I really hope this time is that ALL TRACKS of the agenda will be recorded and published as soon as possible :\

People is still waiting for Maemo Summit 2009 videos. I was present and almost all tracks were interesting to listen to. It's a pity that "only" 400 people were able to assist, it would be nice to have them published for the whole community.

Anyway... don't you think that we should first define how Maemo Community is now related to Moblin Community? Ideas are good, but we should try to create a common board to discuss all these things.
LastGo - Last.fm client for Maemo/MeeGo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andy80 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Pistoia, Italy
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Which continent? That is a good question. Who knows where is the MeeGo community?
is it too early to prepare and publish a POLL?
LastGo - Last.fm client for Maemo/MeeGo

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by andy80 View Post
is it too early to prepare and publish a POLL?
Where would it be published? Posting a poll on talk.maemo.org and asking Moblin and MeeGo folk to come and register here for an account so that they can vote isn't exactly friendly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I would recommend Canada as the country.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
There'd be enough wide open space for us all.

I vote Cornwall.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
telepresence.
we could hold a pair of summits at same time on different sides of the ocean and show the power of our technology with having live linkups

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
telepresence.
we could hold a pair of summits at same time on different sides of the ocean and show the power of our technology with having live linkups
Only if there's tele-beer.

Seriously, this is a very good idea for the technical and corporate stuff. Not so sure about the community aspects: we can do distance communcating any time without leaving our armchairs. It's actually meeting up face to face that's incredibly valuable at events like that. Putting faces and voices to avatars, realising that people who are grouchy on the board might be quite nice in person, kicking back and sharing a beer with people you've only met online.

If you did it by teleconference, the events would need to be big enough to still achieve that.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I second that. Toronto or Montreal should be centric enough.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Canada is a good choice, esp. for international visitors. However, Europe has more appeal for me, for obvious reasons .

If Canada was selected, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, or Vancouver would be the best choices. They all have international airports, with direct flights to major US/European cities.

We *do*, unfortunately, have an issue at the moment with HSPA on the AWS spectrum that many of you have heard us Canucks bickering about. We just got an entrant, WindMobile, who operates at the correct frequencies for the N900. Currently, only Toronto and Calgary are served. This will not be an issue for participants while at the venue, but may be an issue while out and about exploring.

And finally, if Toronto was chosen, I may be able to help out with venue selection, local arrangements, etc (providing I have time and get clearance from my boss at home!).

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
I went to Berlin but last year I couldn't even make it to Amsterdam although it's a walk in the park from Paris. If MeeGo summits are outside Europe it's going to be even more difficult (for me).