Posts: 43 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
Yeah 2517 is delivered!

Added to the sheet.

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
3 weeks from the 2nd of December is 23rd and 4 weeks is 30th, So in theory they got till the 30th to deliver your phone.
It was never 3-4 weeks from December 2nd, but from the date of final order (when people randomly finally got their webstore invites, which didn't come in pre-order order). So for most people 4 weeks expires before or during the Christmas break.

Also, most importantly, Jolla promised many times to respect the pre-order priority. They did not. This was a big promise to break, because it makes no sense why they should break it and not communicate it at all. It would be one thing if only people waiting now were second wave pre-orders, but in reality there are still day 1, wave 1 orders from May undelivered while September orders have been delivered a week ago.

Anyway, the signs are and have been for a couple of days they will probably get every one of them out before Christmas. I hope the deliveries themselves then will succeed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
Looks like something is getting sorted out. The store is back and it is now explicitly written that we pay local taxes and customs fees if we order to Norway, Switzerland and Aaland... And the taxes are 0% in the store.

Now I really wonder if we (CH, Norway, Aaland preorders) can get 24% back. We should. I mean, I appreciate their hard work, but I don't wanna get taxed twice.

Just asked on Twitter.
Please let us know if you hear something. I ordered 2 devices which would be quiet a lot of money...

The Following User Says Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Keeper of the Keys View Post
I guess you didn't have a phone until now?

I really don't want to be confrontational, flamebaiting or trolling but they promised to release by the end of the year, when you registered your interest in getting the phone you had no way of knowing whether or not that would be 31/Dec/2013 or 1/Sep/2013, so calm down, your tone is way out of line.
When people registered, Jolla promised - on many occasions - to respect the pre-order priority. They have not. Orders from May are still not delivered while orders from September have been delivered. And not even a word from Jolla to help us understand the broken promise.

Just the recent interview hint that we may be impossible to please... No, we are not. Just respect the promised pre-order priority and I guarantee people will have an easier time understanding delays etc. Queueing may be annoying, but much more annoying is when the queue is not respected.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by coley View Post
En Route

- 12/18/2013 - Wednesday
11:48 am Shipment information sent to FedEx
5:14 pm Picked up VANTAA FI
6:09 pm Left FedEx origin facility VANTAA FI
Delivered this morning.
Spreadsheet updated.
-Coley.

Last edited by coley; 2013-12-19 at 12:26. Reason: update

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
3 weeks from the 2nd of December is 23rd and 4 weeks is 30th, .
Indeed it is. However, the promise was 3 - 4 weeks from when you paid, not from 2nd December (that date was simply the cutoff for Decemner deliveries, as your own maths shows). And most of the preorders paid between the 22nd and 25th November. You do the maths ...

Have you guys checked the recent press release?

"After solving some technical logistics issues all the shipments to pre-order customers in the EU will be shipped
by Christmas. We want to thank all of our valued customers for their great support and patience to make this
happen,” continues Pienimäki

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to s1gk1ll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I worked for a software company once. It is a large company now but it was under 100 employees at the time. We shipped 30,000 packages every month! It took three to four days to get them all out. So something like "a few hundred per day" sounds like a joke to me.
I would not be surpised if DHL Supply Chain is flashing the Jollas before they are packed and shipped. And we don't know if they also doing something else.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Just respect the promised pre-order priority and I guarantee people will have an easier time understanding delays etc. Queueing may be annoying, but much more annoying is when the queue is not respected.
Sorry, but I don't believe in that. Then people would be complaining something else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
2588 delivered; Denmark.