Active Topics

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Hi all, I know the N9 is old stuff by now but I still use it daily. However, I am having a huge problem with SMS and skype messages, I got 28 today (it shows the amount on the screensaver) but when I slide out to see the messages, it shows none. I have already lost lots of messages. I have tried using tracker-control --hard-reset, and it showed that:
Code:
[14:37] [367] [user@n9 user]# tracker-control --hard-reset
Found 200 PIDs?
Found process ID 1366 for 'tracker-store'
  Killed process 1366
Setting database locations
Checking database directories exist
Checking database version
  Could not find database version file:'/home/developer/.cache/tracker/db-version.txt'
  Current databases are either old or no databases are set up yet
  A reindex will be forced
  Creating version file '/home/developer/.cache/tracker/db-version.txt'
Checking database files exist
Removing all database/storage files
  Removing database:'/home/developer/.cache/tracker/meta.db'
  Removing db-version file:'/home/developer/.cache/tracker/db-version.txt'
  Removing db-locale file:'/home/developer/.cache/tracker/db-locale.txt'
BUT it did not erase any messages or contacts. I have tried using smsbackuprestore but it also says the database is corrupted:

Code:
[14:58] [369] [user@n9 developer]# smsbackuprestore export /home/user/MyDocs/mymessages.csv
QTrackerDirectSelectResult: QSparqlError(6, "GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Internal: database disk image is malformed", 4) "SELECT ?channel  nie:subject(?channel)  nie:generator(?channel)  nie:identifier(?channel)  nie:title(?channel)  ?_lastDate   ( SELECT COUNT(?_total_messages_1)    WHERE {      ?_total_messages_1 nmo:communicationChannel ?channel .      ?_total_messages_1 nmo:isDeleted false .  })  ( SELECT COUNT(?_total_unread_messages_1)    WHERE {      ?_total_unread_messages_1 nmo:communicationChannel ?channel .      ?_total_unread_messages_1 nmo:isRead false .      ?_total_unread_messages_1 nmo:isDeleted false .  })  ( SELECT COUNT(?_total_sent_messages_1)    WHERE {      ?_total_sent_messages_1 nmo:communicationChannel ?channel .      ?_total_sent_messages_1 nmo:isSent true .      ?_total_sent_messages_1 nmo:isDeleted false .  })  ?_lastMessage   (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(    fn:concat(tracker:id(?contact), "\u001e",               tracker:coalesce(nco:nameGiven(?contact), ""), "\u001e",               tracker:coalesce(nco:nameFamily(?contact), ""),               "\u001d",              tracker:coalesce(nco:nickname(?contact), ""),              "\u001d",              tracker:coalesce(?nicknames, "")),     "\u001c")   WHERE {    SELECT ?contact     (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(fn:string-join((nco:imID(?addr), ?nickname), "\u001f"), "\u001e")    WHERE {      ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasIMAddress ?addr ] .       ?addr nco:imNickname ?nickname .     }) AS ?nicknames     WHERE {    {      ?part nco:hasIMAddress ?address .       ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasIMAddress ?address ] .     } UNION {      ?part nco:hasPhoneNumber [ maemo:localPhoneNumber ?number ] .       ?contact nco:hasAffiliation [ nco:hasPhoneNumber [ maemo:localPhoneNumber ?number ] ] .     }}  }) AS ?contacts   rdf:nil   fn:string-join((nmo:messageSubject(?_lastMessage),nie:plainTextContent(?_lastMessage)),"\u001e")  nfo:fileName(nmo:fromVCard(?_lastMessage))  rdfs:label(nmo:fromVCard(?_lastMessage))  rdf:type(?_lastMessage) AS ?_type   nmo:deliveryStatus(?_lastMessage) AS ?_deliveryStatus   ?_lastModified   nmo:sentDate(?_lastMessage)WHERE {  {    SELECT ?channel ?_lastDate ?_lastModified ?part      ( SELECT ?_message WHERE {        ?_message nmo:communicationChannel ?channel .        ?_message nmo:isDeleted false .        ?_message nmo:sentDate ?messageSentDate .      } ORDER BY DESC(?messageSentDate) DESC(tracker:id(?_message))    LIMIT 1) AS ?_lastMessage     WHERE    {      GRAPH <commhistory:message-channels> {        ?channel a nmo:CommunicationChannel .      }      ?channel nmo:lastMessageDate ?_lastDate .      ?channel nie:contentLastModified ?_lastModified .      ?channel nmo:hasParticipant ?part .           }  }}ORDER BY DESC(?_lastDate)" 
"GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Internal: database disk image is malformed"
I have even tried "PRAGMA integrity-test;" using sqlite3 on the sqlite databases I could find under ~user, but no dice.

/var/log/syslog shows stuff like this:
Code:
Aug 25 15:44:50 (2013) telepathy-ring[1319]: GLIB MESSAGE Modem-SMS - SMS-SUBMIT to "+551993597836" with token "3ac680d2-b25f-4730-a8fd-79a6b5fd4dc8"
Aug 25 15:44:50 (2013) tracker-store[1363]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Tracker - SQLite error: database disk image is malformed (errno: No such file or directory)
Aug 25 15:44:50 (2013) cellular: csd[591]: com.nokia.csd.simatk: simatk_report_event_notification:460 Building and sending ATK_REPORT_EVENT_NTF -message
Aug 25 15:44:50 (2013) COMMHISTORYD: CRITICAL:  [50:675] Failed to save message
So I am puzzled... How can I fix this thing short of reinstalling the OS? Please help me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
I was able to sort of "fix" the issue by running as user "user" and "root" then running tracker-control -r... But I've lost all my SMS. :-(

The Following User Says Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
That's what "tracker-control -r" does, it wipes all databases and starts with empty storages.
It is the last resort you should ever try, after that your messages and contacys are gone forever.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Hi guys

Im using a Nokia N9 and my messages are corrupted. when I get a message from someone I cannot see who sent the message coz the inbox just picks a different contact at random and puts as the sender, its quite confusing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur1010 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
I have also lost a bunch of messages on my N9. A friend of mine lost all his contacts too

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
i have the same problem .. all my msgz and contacts just vanished from the phone

The Following User Says Thank You to sufyanhourani For This Useful Post:
hey, i have weak evidence for a possible cause.

so this had never happened to me, until last week. i gave my old n9 to my girlfriend, and the only thing i did to it was set up facebook for her.
two days later, no sms in Messages. fortunately, smsbackuprestore could read them. happened again about 4 days later.

so, do you folks use facebook on your n9?

for those that had your horse stolen, its time to lock the barn door. run vcardexporter and smsbackuprestore and callbackuprestore nightly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Serbia
i don't use facebook and never had problem like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to saleki For This Useful Post:
thanks saleki, one more piece of weak evidence for the hypothesis. bettwe would be users that actually have this problem confirming that they use facebook.

better still would be someone declaring that they HAVE the problem and have NEVER used facebook on their n9; this would be really strong evidence against.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
I have an N9 that might have has facebook one day (not sure) and i lost some messages. I checked now and found that the account is not there.

The reason which makes me think it has had fb is because I think I restored a backup which contained a facebook account on that phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:

Tags
corrupted, database, sms-message, sqlite