Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
ThoughtFix has been busy!

He's posted a handful of entries on his blog, tabletblog.com. For the full experience I recommend you visit the blog. However, I've included jumps to some of the entries below for you to peek at:

tabletblog.com - Turbo Edition: N810 on Tour - At the Cafe'
A series of three interviews taken by thoughtfix after having the opportunity (...no, I'm not jealous.... really....) to play around with the N810. Find out testimonials from the general consumer!

tabletblog.com - The Nokia N810 Giveaway Contest!

A contest where you can WIN a brand new N810 just by being creative. Dan (ThoughtFix) and Reggie are judges, among others. Sorry to those that don't live in the US, as they're the only ones eligible to win; which leaves the poor cap'n out in the cold -- just in time for an extra cold winter.

}:^)~
YARR!!

Capt'n "Scoundrel" Corrupt

Hot off the presses, comes three Nxxx Rock-Star impressions of the shiny N810 with plenty of positive comments, as well as inspiring testimony that Nokia is indeed listening. Jump to it below:

Tablet Blog's Thoughtfix - N810 Synopsis
Maemo Apps Blog's Jonathan Greene - N810 synopsis

Internet Tablet Talk's Reggie - N810 synopsis

And if that wasn't enough, a short teaser video, Nokia N810 touched, by www.T3.co.uk. It shows some scenes of the unit in use, set atop smooth trance beats. A good, albeit short, watch.

YARR!!

Corrupt Jr.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2007-10-26 at 00:39.

Thoughtfix posted a really cool video of the GPS being used in car. The video not only shows the usefulness of wayfinder, but also shows the screen's viewability even under direct sunlight. Very nifty. Jump to it.

In-Car demo of the N810 GPS

YARR!!

The Republic of Corrupt

Good news for all you e-book readers! The infamous fbreader has been updated for N810 (OS2008)!
www.fbreader.org/

The fbreader supports multiple formats (text, html, chm, rtf, etc.) for reading on your favorite unit. Of course, this application is 100% FREE.

YARR!!

Big Daddy Corrupt

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2007-10-28 at 21:26.

The N810 has been awarded best overall product by CITA!

Jump to the press release on CNN money:
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...26102007-1.htm

I guess we're not the only ones that think it's great.

YARR!!

The Dryyyyy Capt'n

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
Yep. That reads like a press release.

Originally from Gizmodo: Sandisk ships 8GB micro SDHC. The suggested retail is $140.

Though the price is high, it's good news for N810 users, who can use micro SD, mini SD, but nothing larger.

Here's to hoping someone jams two of these chips into a single mini SD body. I can live with 8GB, but much more comfortably with 16.

YARR!!

Capt'n Corrupt'n

In similar news to above, Toshiba announced 8GB and 16GB microSD cards set to hit the market any day now.

Jump to an article: http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33506/135/

Here's to hoping someone jams two of these chips into a single mini SD body. I can live with 16GB, but much more comfortably with 32.

*EDIT*
The original Toshiba press release mentions nothing about a 16GB variant of its proposed MicroSD technology. I apologize for the mis-representation of information, and will be more careful to to check sources thoroughly prior to posting.

tisk, tisk, tisk, tgdaily.....

YARR!!

Capt'n O'Corrupt

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2007-10-28 at 17:06.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post

Originally from Gizmodo: Sandisk ships 8GB micro SDHC. The suggested retail is $140.

Though the price is high, it's good news for N810 users, who can use micro SD, mini SD, but nothing larger.

Here's to hoping someone jams two of these chips into a single mini SD body. I can live with 8GB, but much more comfortably with 16.

YARR!!

Capt'n Corrupt'n
Whatever you cram in your N810, I'll always have at least twice that. Nyernyernyer.

Originally posted by Admira,

Here are links to the N810 user manual and the original FCC documents. For the more curious, jump to the docs using the links below:

N800/N810 user manual (OS2008): https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

N810 FCC documents: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...%27LJPRX-44%27

YARR!!

The S.S. Corrupt

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2007-10-28 at 21:26.