found it a big 0 for the rumor...

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ NY/NJ, USA
My response from another thread

Holy crap , I just registered to post here cause im about to bite on this. 280$ rebate plus 23$ for my E61i? I think im a new member of this community.

I've been sitting on the fence seen the N900 on sale for 350$ but 200$ im down
Hope I dont get screwed on the "while supplies last" part

EDIT: Ok I jumped in, the 280$ coupon (n900280) thing is input after u sign up for the flip-swap (trade in site) thing and choose what phones your sending in the coupon worked and it bumped up my trade in value by 280$. It just tells me to send my "Proof of Purchase" which according to nokia is the shipping confirmation.

I guess when I'll recieve my N900 i'll send my E61i with the proof of purchase and get some money back (hope it works)

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "selloff?" (7 posts) has been merged into this thread.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Ok, this is funny. Went to purchase it, my bank kicked them back as not a proper website. I had to call my bank, then Visa to ensure it wasn't fraud.

There are no restrictions on my card, nothing pending, plenty of room in the account to get it. Visa considered them suspicious... wow.

Will have to resolve it in the morning.
LoL! thats exactly same thing happened to my debit card from citi bank, I had to call them to lift the restriction. Anyway, like everybody else this $199 deal was so tempting I jumped in, and card didn't go through and..... I was saved lol. I changed my mind after reading all these rebate issues which I never tried before so didn't want to risk my money for this rebate.

I hope those who ordered get their rebates.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Wow... I can't believe Nokia is letting "Nokia USA" still handle things for them. This is the same mess that happened with the initial N900 ordering stuff, and I once again went through the ringer on it...

I figured, for $200, having a spare would be really nice. Plus then I could have one stable device for every day use, and one for hacking on. Tried to place my order, and it rejected (and my cell beeped with a "Fraud alert text" from my card company). I then figured I'd use my Amex, which is what I'd used before. Surely they would be ok with it, since I just did this a year ago... And they were, but the website said they weren't.

So I called Nokia to order it via phone instead. After 15 minutes wait, I got a sale rep. I told him what had happened, and he forwarded me to "support". Twenty minutes later someone there answers and tells me that the system had rejected both, but she's not sure why. So, I said lets start fresh, and just place a new order, simple, right?

No. Apparently since I "tried multiple times" (multiple being 2 apparently), as their webpage told me to do, the system had locked me out. And the only way they have of unlocking it is to send an e-mail to their support folks, which could take up to a week. I asked to speak to a manager...

Twenty more minutes on hold, and the "manager" comes on the line. She has no more authority to do anything than the underling. The system has locked me out, and they have not way to deal with it other than to escalate it via e-mail. And even if I call sales, I can't order a phone, because it's all tracked by name and phone number, which must match exactly the number on record for the credit card I'm using to purchase with (and all mine point to one phone number).

So in short: Avoid the online order system. It always fails. Though, to be honest, I'm not sure the sales folks are doing anything more than typing into the same web page, since they seem powerless to do anything else.

In the end, I wasted an hour and a half of my life trying to order a backup phone, and have zip to show for it. Except of course for the grand in holds on my two cards, which they assure me will disappear within the next 3 to 5 business days. (Which tells me the cards were fine with it, and the failure was on their end....)

And Nokia wonders why they can't sell phones in the US?

so this is back up again? i signed up for lipswap but then it went out of stock after locking up my CC two weeks ago

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
so this is back up again? i signed up for lipswap but then it went out of stock after locking up my CC two weeks ago
Back and gone again.

LOL, itīs funny that the only way to view order status is to "log in to your account on nokiausa.com. However when I do it says that Iīve got no placed orders..................oh Nokia.... all I wanted was to get the tracking number of the order you say you shipped to me a couple of days ago.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Iowa, USA
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
how can you determine the value of your phones before you do this? my wife and I just came off contract and have 2 sprint branded lg rumors...
While NokiaUSA appear to be out of stok again, if you didn't buy it, and they get more stock, and bring back the deal, click the trade up tab on the web page. This will take you to the flipswap site (nokia.flipswap.com). You can search for your phones & see their value before you go ahead with the purchase.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Ok, this is funny. Went to purchase it, my bank kicked them back as not a proper website. I had to call my bank, then Visa to ensure it wasn't fraud.

There are no restrictions on my card, nothing pending, plenty of room in the account to get it. Visa considered them suspicious... wow.

Will have to resolve it in the morning.
Beware Nokia's payment processing systems! My bank did the same thing back in November 2009 and apparently I've been blacklisted by Nokia since.

Three cards, none work via their system and theirs only. Which sucks because I wanted to buy the Angry Birds level packs.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Westhampton, MA
I am curious if anyone else received confirmation that the sale went through and then a notification that the phone shipped but there has been no action on the card.

i am a little concerned about that.