Active Topics

Poll: whats you next phone after the n900
Poll Options
whats you next phone after the n900

Maybe Motorola Droid 4 when comes the next year, its the smartphone most similar to the N900, I really need a complete qwerty keyboard. But for now... N900!

The Following User Says Thank You to PartyboyXP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
i never said the n900 can't be used anymore, i'm just saying that some people like to stay updated with the last tech ......

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I'll be using the N900 as N900 and the N9 as a phone. They are very complementary.
N950 whenever I can steal it from Nokia.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
It's my "sixth sense" that an improved N950 will be released to the public for sale.

I used the N900 for the past 18 months though I purchased a 4" 1GHz Xperia before I bought the N900. I found the android phone is useless for me as I need to ssh to my server typing tons of commands daily.

The Following User Says Thank You to xusc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
yes we all agree that the n950 is that perfect phone, but we can't get it :P

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
N950 should not be in the list since every one can not get it.

BTW i am stying with my beloved N900 as my signature shows.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
So far for me it will be the note or any other that has HD RES screen, hopefully some manufacture will make something like it with 4.3-5.5inch screen and HWKB, and last but not least an open OS, or the possibility of completely removing OS and installing ubuntu on it..

Yes you can run ubuntu on android like we have our easy debian, but it is so stupidly made by running it through a VNC server locally instead of just running it on top.

But until then nothing still comes close to the N900 in my opinion

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
guys don't forget you can vote for more than one phone, for example i wanna keep my n900 and get a samsung galaxy s2 so i'll vote for both ...

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
i never said the n900 can't be used anymore, i'm just saying that some people like to stay updated with the last tech ......
Well, heck. If tech is all you want, just get the iPhone 4S. The thing is a beast -- dual core A5, ridiculous high-res display, play video up to 1080p HD, record video up to 1080p HD, and packed to the gills with just about everything you can cram into a cell phone today. Sure, you're locked into iOS, but if all you want is to stay updated with the latest tech...

I decided to get the Galaxy S2 and have been very happy with it. Incredibly quick, and beautiful samoled screen.... I can't complain.

that being said there are days when I miss the openness of my N900. Like the ability to just drop in Hindi into the fonts folder so I could read Hindi pages. Or the Obviously superior multitasking.

Sigh. if I could get maemo 5 on my S2, I'd giggle like a schoolgirl.