Active Topics

Patriot

Some may prefer this one over the Adata. I already have one of these and have not had any trouble with it (construction or file format)

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
- i routinely browse the sdhc offerings, and i do have to say that newegg seems to have good prices... (have shopped with them for a number of years)...

- but these prices can fluctuate like the price of pork bellies on the Chicago Exchange! one day one price, the next day a different price...

- for example, i just got (2) 16GB SDHC cards for $59 each... went back to the site the next day and the same card was now $79 (or was it $75? whatever)!

- two years ago i looked at a 4GB MS ProDuo and didn't buy because i thought it was over-priced at $199... bought one a year ago at $100, and the cards are now $50...

- an 8GB MS ProDuo was $299 a year ago... and now... $97!

- moral of the story (at least for me, YMMV): "Wait at least a year before upgrading"...

:-)

(but i wonder how much the 32GB SDHC will be next year? 64GB in my n800? w00t!)

Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
- for example, i just got (2) 16GB SDHC cards for $59 each... went back to the site the next day and the same card was now $79 (or was it $75? whatever)!
Yeah no kidding. I got a 8GB MicroSDHC card on amazon.com for about $150, literally 1 week later I decide to have a look at it, and it was literally only $75! WTF!

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Mexico
if you got the card directly from amazon, you can ask for the price protection warranty and they will refund the difference. They did it for my N800.

Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
Yeah no kidding. I got a 8GB MicroSDHC card on amazon.com for about $150, literally 1 week later I decide to have a look at it, and it was literally only $75! WTF!
[ot] Cool avatar. Although I'm not sure if the cat is happy or scared poop-less [/ot]

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
I thought that Amazon would refund the difference if the price dropped within 30 days of purchase.

Maybe call them? Amazon CS have been good to me.

Originally Posted by dont View Post
I thought that Amazon would refund the difference if the price dropped within 30 days of purchase.

Maybe call them? Amazon CS have been good to me.
Really, but do they do that if it's not sold directly through them? From the page:
Code:
Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Nextweb Sales.
[ot] Cool avatar. Although I'm not sure if the cat is happy or scared poop-less [/ot]
I'm not sure if I should feed the troll... does that help? :<

Really, but do they do that if it's not sold directly through them? From the page:
Code:
Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Nextweb Sales.
I'm not sure if I should feed the troll... does that help? :<
Yes. The cat tasted yummy

As far as amazon goes, they do have an "A-Z Guarantee" which may cover price protection on items purchased through their marketplace - Link

It never hurts to ask. A $50 rebate for a set of Logitech speakers was honored by them, even though the rebate required it to be purchased from amazon between certain dates. I purchased the speakers about 3 days before the rebate promo started and through a marketplace merchant. Sent in the required information and got the email today that the check is in the mail.

Originally Posted by Sentinel1705 View Post
Y
As far as amazon goes, they do have an "A-Z Guarantee" which may cover price protection on items purchased through their marketplace
Hi, yeah, I did check out the link but it looks like that might be the wrong form perhaps? Here's what it says:

"When is a buyer covered under the Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee?

1. The buyer provided payment to the seller through Amazon Payments, but the seller failed to deliver the item.
2. The buyer received the item, but the item was materially different than as depicted in the seller's description. "

So it doesn't sound like that's where you get price matching or whatever? Did you just use one of those other options anyway?

So it doesn't sound like that's where you get price matching or whatever? Did you just use one of those other options anyway?
Oh, no. I didn't do a price-match "claim" to amazon. I just emailed them and asked if I could still get the rebate even though I didn't technically qualify for it by 3 days. Amazon replied back that the rebate is with the manufact and to check with them and sent me a link to download the rebate (pdf) and the contact info to logitech. I sent in the forms and Logitech honored the rebate.

I was just using my experience as an example that it doesn't hurt to ask for a price match if you have already bought the micro card and the price dropped significantly. The worse thing they can say is No. It being a third party but through amazon marketplace, Amazon may refund you the difference or issue your account Amazon credit towards future purchases.

Edit: Just checked original link. Patriot card just dropped 5 bucks.