Active Topics

I haven't had time to look more into it, sorry. I'm snowed over with stuff, and when that's finished there's a 3-day festival coming up (no N800 there..). There's a possible window in 18 hours though.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Another friendly bump

When I (on my working OK N800) plug the USB cable in dmesg says:

musb_stage2_irq 628: SUSPEND, devctl 99
musb_stage2_irq 530: BUS RESET
musb_stage0_irq 530: BUS RESET
musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep1in for bulk IN, dma, maxpacket 64
musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep1out for bulk OUT, dma, maxpacket 64
g_file_storage gadget: full speed config #1

When I remove the USB cable I get:

musb_stage2_irq 628: SUSPEND, devctl 91
musb_stage2_irq 609: DISCONNECT aas PERIPHERAL, devctl 80

Hi my name is Dan,

I've got the same problem since yesterday. Did you find an issue?
What can I do?

Thank you for your help.

Dan.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Not much?

I eventually gave up. I have a semi solution though. There is a program in one of the repositories called "USBnet/MMC Changer". I think the purpose of the program is to let you use the USB port to connect to your PC and surf the web via USB.

By going into the control panel and switching from MMC to USBNet, and then opening the SD card door (the external one, internal is lost to me ) and then closing it, the SD card is magically detected! it's a bit of a hack, but it seems to work. It has to be done on every boot. Oh and if you miss it when you close the SD card slot (you do it too slow or too fast) then you have to reboot your tablet. After switching it from MMC to USBNet, if you switch it BACK to MMC, the Tablet will Freeze and completely wipe out (an ugly reset) within 5 seconds. Not pretty.

Again, it's an ugly hack, but it at least allows me to use my SD card until I try to return it, cause in my opinion there some hardware defect.

Oh and disclaimer: I am in *NO* way responsible if the above method bricks your tablet, starts WWIII, or causes annoying headaches. It seems to work, but I don't exactly know *how* it works or what could be the negative down sides. And I'm not even going to waste time worrying about it. I've been using it for approximately the last 2 months, so...

Hope this helps Dan,

Oh and TA-t3 if you read this, I want to thank you for all your help. I really appreciate your strong support. This bug has driven me nuts and I have full intentions of returning my N800 on grounds of hardware defects. When I get a chance. Someday. Yeah.

Again TA, thanks

--Jon