I use a Nokia CK-300 car kit, and it's superb with streaming my music to my car speakers. The only problem is the volume when using it with Ovi Maps (it pauses the music nicely) is far too loud - as there does not seem to be an independent volume control in the Ovi Maps application - it's the same as the system.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to change it? Can I submit this to Nokia somehow? It's not quite a bug report.

Maybe you got the same problem as I had: http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=146

Maybe you have the same problem as I had:
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=146

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
This really annoys me all the time I use the drive application. (though it's not taht often at all)

I just hope there will be a seperate setting for that in PR 1.2!

I would say, yes, it's a bug report - open one, post the link here, and have people vote!

I had a good look, but where to submit it? The support pages are minimal.

I fixed the distorted sound for myself with lowering volume on every wave file that Nokia Drive uses for german speaker. I did this by transfering all wave files to my PC, editing them there and obverwriting the original ones on my phone with the fixed ones.

Bug reported here: harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=146

They closed it, as no one else reported the same behavior. Feel free to reopen my bug and comment that you are affected too.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
What really bothers me is that the music is not "ducked" under the navigation voice. The Drive application should have a mixer (if there is not a system sound mixer ) and -20dB should be enough. Also, I do not recall feeling a big difference in volume between the navigation voice and background pop songs playing in Music Player with the portuguese female voice. Classical or Jazz, that's another matter...

Last edited by tigas; 2012-02-22 at 03:47.