Closed Thread
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
why portrait mode in cssu update is not working in all application ? only some of the applications are working. other applications rotate in portrait mode but are not useable as some parts of the application layout are hidden. is there is any fix for this ?

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
why portrait mode in cssu update is not working in all application ? only some of the applications are working. other applications rotate in portrait mode but are not useable as some parts of the application layout are hidden. is there is any fix for this ?
Unfortunately dude not all apps have portrait abiity themselves...some apps just fit in. What the CSSU is doing is twicking the UI of the Hildon Desktop for portrait, not individual apps..so unless the apps themselves have portrait capability you are not going to get the full picture on portrait. Oddly some things that work well on portrait but arent meant to is the contacts app and the notepad...lol However the media player is best on landscape.

You could get the conversations to work in portrait via a bit of modding. Google conversations mod for nokia n900. And remember after the mod you must have cssu force all aplications to rotate option on or else it will not rotate the mod just allows the UI to fit in the screen when in portrait does not rotate it, Also you will need a portrait keyboard my preference is the fast sms one from the repos. cheers

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
my phone log froze the other day while i was trying to bring up the keypad to push something for an automated machine i was forced to restart and am no longer able to open the calls log in portrait mode. It constantly stays in landscape. If i zoom back to desktop while having the log open screen in the background it turns portrait but once i bring it back to view it turns back to landscape. Any suggestions ?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
plz tell me that how to customize menu items. i want 4 items in a row in the menu bar while in portrait mode... currently there are 3

Just a little but really annoying problem. Every time when unlocking phone phone's UI popping up and same thing happens when it turns to portrait mode.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
plz tell me that how to customize menu items. i want 4 items in a row in the menu bar while in portrait mode... currently there are 3
If you mean the status bar menu have a look at the wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...ble_with_gconf

You could also use the CSSU Features Configuration Editor to do this. http://wiki.maemo.org/CSSU_Features_...uration_Editor

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
you didn't get me... when we open app menu in portrait mode.. it shows 3 icons.. i want to arrange them like N9.. 4 items in a row..
eg. browser, photos, phone and calender..

The Following User Says Thank You to abhirajsoni For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
you didn't get me... when we open app menu in portrait mode.. it shows 3 icons.. i want to arrange them like N9.. 4 items in a row..
eg. browser, photos, phone and calender..
Hm. Sorry, I haven't seen any settings for this yet.

I want use only landscape in desktop. How to turn portrait off?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by accountvip View Post
I want use only landscape in desktop. How to turn portrait off?
Disable rotation of desktop:
in terminal:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/desktop_orientation_lock -t bool true

check the wiki for more options
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Features

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to -L- For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade