Hello all,
Sorry if the question has been asked before but I searched for an answer and didn't find anything. I am trying to install nitdroid alpha 5 to my N9. The problem is when I place the command in the Nokia flasher, I get a warning message at the end. I believe there is a problem with the zimage but all I did was download it from the nitdroid forum and move it to the Flasher folder.

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher.exe -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LE
GACY_005-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel -f -R
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 6 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

WARNING: bad kernel format in zImage
FIASCO ERROR: zImage: No such file or directory

Hopefully someone can shed some light because I've been trying to install nitdroid for a while.
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
First step should be typing in terminal the following:
Code:
disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
I did all the previous steps. Now I'm trying to flash the dualboot kernel. The problem is shown in the first post after I try flashing.

Originally Posted by TheN9er View Post
I did all the previous steps. Now I'm trying to flash the dualboot kernel. The problem is shown in the first post after I try flashing.
OK rename the
Code:
DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LE
GACY_005-OEM1-958_ARM.bin
to
Code:
rootfs.bin
So it will be easier to type and and see things.

Then launch this from terminal:
Code:
flasher -a rootfs.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel --suppress-warranty-warning -f

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-11-19 at 19:47.

I just did it again with the new code but it still says:

I just did it again with the new code but it still says:

OK use the zimage from here

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-11-19 at 19:52.

Btw thanks for your help.
But I still get the same message at the end. I believe the problem is with how my computer is downloading the file and its trying to open it with a program. Do you know a solution to this?

Btw thanks for your help.
But I still get the same message at the end. I believe the problem is with how my computer is downloading the file and its trying to open it with a program. Do you know a solution to this?
If you don't mind typing it out could you step by step explain how your doing the flashing?

Both rootfs.bin zImage.pr13 are in the flasher folder? N9 is turned off and not plugged into the PC? You type in :
Code:
flasher -a rootfs.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel --suppress-warranty-warning -f
Press enter, see a message asking to plug in device, to plug N9 to your PC and then turn it on?

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
If you don't mind typing it out could you step by step explain how your doing the flashing?

Both rootfs.bin zImage.pr13 are in the flasher folder? N9 is turned off and not plugged into the PC? You type in :
Code:
Press enter, see a message asking to plug in device, to plug N9 to your PC and then turn it on?
So I have both the zimage and rootfs.bin in the flasher folder. With my N9 turned on, I plugged it into the computer. Then I ran the flasher as administrator and typed the code you have above and end up with the error message. I still believe the problem is with zimage and how my computer downloads it, trying to open it with WinRar. If I can get it to download without the computer trying to open it with a program I think it would work.

So I have both the zimage and rootfs.bin in the flasher folder. With my N9 turned on, I plugged it into the computer. Then I ran the flasher as administrator and typed the code you have above and end up with the error message. I still believe the problem is with zimage and how my computer downloads it, trying to open it with WinRar. If I can get it to download without the computer trying to open it with a program I think it would work.
What browser are you using? i know you get options on browser to open file or just save as.

Try with N9 turned off, turn it off, launch the command in terminal then plug your N9 via usb cable to your PC