Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
hw keyboard is fine here so that may be something specific to your device

on screen keyboard is known issue and not a high priority

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
hi dj_steve! question a bit offtopic (is not a help request): do you think it will be possible to implement official HTC Sense interface into NITDroid? that would be amazing!

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
i tried (albeit not particually hard) to get sense going and never managed as yet but its not supported too well on froyo yet so patience

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@dj_steve

sir, the version 1 auto-installer was giving me a hard time on the partition, its stops on the line where making the partition on the SD card is taking place. and i am not confident enough to do a manual partition.

i am just wondering if that is a known issue and fixed on the v2 or its only me.

thanks

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
@dj_steve

sir, the version 1 auto-installer was giving me a hard time on the partition, its stops on the line where making the partition on the SD card is taking place. and i am not confident enough to do a manual partition.

i am just wondering if that is a known issue and fixed on the v2 or its only me.

thanks
If it's bailing out, it's probably the card but there is a fix. A new installer is available but pretty sure it needs downloading manually.

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=233.0 has the file you need to download.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
just tried it again and it worked within less than a minute!! downloaded an oc profile this time as well. whats this all about??

Also slightly Off-topic: When all the hardware support gets up to snuff, are there any plans to port over CyanogenMod? It makes Android feel like a real platform, with all the tweaks that can be done, and it's got more awesome than you guys alone could ever develop into it alone. (no offense, but it's crazy awesome)

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Got Popov working and managed to remove the airplane mode bug using the script found on your FAQ. I can now see my network as Vodafone UK but do you have a list of working APN's

Searched using Google but keep getting a bit confused with some of the settings as they seem to differ on Android compared to other devices.

Thanks

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
Got Popov working and managed to remove the airplane mode bug using the script found on your FAQ. I can now see my network as Vodafone UK but do you have a list of working APN's

Searched using Google but keep getting a bit confused with some of the settings as they seem to differ on Android compared to other devices.

Thanks
I will actually start something on the NITDroid forum for this as I agree it would be handy to have the info in one place.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Smooth like chinese silk, usual quality of this fantastic nitdroid dev team!

For people that already has nitdroid 0.0.7 installed, thread # 3 instructions worked without a single glitch.

Some process takes more than eye blinking, just wait... the whole process took less than 4.5 minutes, ending screen with "...Nitdroid has been successfully installed!....". Again, initial running may take several minutes...., after that, it is almost eye-blinking (some people blinks slight slowly )

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-12 at 13:19.