Notices

Did I miss something, or is there really no audio equalizer in any media application?
I was just thinking of buying Koss ThePlug headphones for my N800, but I need at least an 5-band equalizer, because these headphones have very strange frequency ranges. I was thinking like "Sure, why would the tablet not have an equalizer" . Then I was clickin' around, just to confirm myself... but there is NO equalizer?!?!
Am I out-of-phase and just don't see it?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
I prefer a good headphone to an equaliser... the N800 is probably not one but proper hifi don't have DSP.

Good headphones are nothing without an equalizer I don't get what you mean with dsp on hifi...

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
He means that good stereo's (such as mine) do not need digital sound processing. I have a pair of Shure E5c's and I would not think of destroying their superior sound with an equalizer. I use them with my iPod or Xbox or anywhere, I want excellent sound.

Hmm, I think it is very imortant to have an equalizer, because every headphone and every pair of speakers have different sound and characeristics. It is also a matter of personal favourites... There are people who like deep basses and there are the ones that dont etc. I dont understand why there is no eq in the tablets... Even cellular phones with simple mp3 have one :-/

anything new about equalizer? couse of the missing EQ this will be the only reason why i would not use the n800 as mp3 player.

excuse my poor english, i`m austrian.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
There is an equalizer in xmms:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=11892

Click Eq and then switch it on.
It's 10 bands! And there is a preamp.

I have no clue if it really works but it should as it's software based..
If you get problems installing/using, report in xmms thread please.
There is a launcher that puts itself in the menus but when you minimize, you loose the app. This is only a first realease, others will follow.

MUCHOS GRACIAS!
i will give it a try when my n800 arrives from amazon. yet 2 days waiting, i hope this time will pass quickly!

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Originally Posted by paratox View Post
MUCHOS GRACIAS!
i will give it a try when my n800 arrives from amazon. yet 2 days waiting, i hope this time will pass quickly!
You're welcome.
At the moment Ogg support is insanely slow, minimize doesn't work and it's in english only.
Working on it..

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
If you need an equalizer, you shouldn't be using mp3s.

Tags
equalizer, feature request, maemo, maemo 3, media player, missing feature, os2007