Notices

Found one for 2008 by doing some URL guessing with the 2007 one. Thanks anyway.

Now I tried the kismet linked from this thread and it works fine, but I can't get wireless to work again after shutting down kismet. It seems this is a known problem, and some persons have gotten it to work by running "ifconfig wlan0 down; ifconfig wlan0 up" after closing kismet. This doesn't work for me, the maemo wireless manager doesn't find any wireless networks when scanning for them. The only fix I have found is to restart the device.

Too bad the wireless driver isn't compiled as a module in the kernel for the tablet, unloading and loading it would probably have done the trick.

Does anyone have any other ideas how you can reset the wifi to normal operation without restarting?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by TPC View Post
Does anyone have any other ideas how you can reset the wifi to normal operation without restarting?
Have you tried this?
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/resetwlan/

That will probably do it. Have to edit it to 2.6.21 instead of 2.6.18 kernel, but thats simple. Thanks.

Now for the next problem

I'm trying to use a GPS with kismet, it gives this error:
Hildon BT failed: GPS API should be called as "user" and not as root.

Kismet drops to user privs (it says so earlier in the output) so maybe this is a problem with the GPS API thing is checking the real user id, not the effective. I think there is a syscall to modify the real uid reported (but not 100% certain, been a while since I read up on unix permissions), maybe the kismet build for maemo should be modified to do that?

Or maybe the problem is something else? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hmm.. seems the resetwifi thing didn't work. It crashed the pda, so it had to be rebooted.

See page 2 of this thread. You need to patch kismet to drop privs to do the GPS enable call.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Updated. I've built rc2 from the latest SVN.

(God knows why it says rc1 still but the changelog says rc2.)

Ignore the attached file. That is the old rc1.

After that, install the latest latest aircrack rc2 using application manager.
Can you reupload the rc2 version

thank's in advance

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ New York
Hi All,

Qwerty12 or anyone have aircrack RC2? The link to RC2 on the first page does not work. Only the attached RC1 works which is currently what I am using right now.

Thanks

Originally Posted by ltrinh View Post
The link to RC2 on the first page does not work.
Confirmed. Looks like the aircrack-ng directory at http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/ is missing.

libnl install link is therefore invalid since it was in the same directory.

Last edited by srf21c; 2009-03-06 at 19:39.

Hi
I compiled todays svn snapshot of aircrack.. I only had time to test it a few times and it seems to work

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzjzq3...56-1_armel.deb

this was compiled with UNSTABLE=true so it includes easside-ng and wesside-ng..