Okay so I'm having an issue a lot of people have reported here, but before I go on, just want to mention that I'm posting this here and not in the thread linked above because thats mainly for the N900 port, while I need help with my N800 ..

Okay, with that out of the way, here's my problem: I did everything mentioned here (excellent guide btw!), and now when I boot my N800, I get stuck indefinitely on the NITDroid logo screen (waited as much as 20 minutes) ..

Here's a few pointers: I just got this N800 today for some lab testing and I don't know much about the hardware .. Whats confusing me is that it has two SD Card slots .. !? .. Anyways, the N800 I got has an 8GB card in the compartment next to the battery, and a 2GB card in the other pocket (which is meant for hot swapping) .. I followed all instructions in the guide linked above, and have no idea why I'm stuck at this NITDroid logo screen .. The installation went through without any problems .. Only problem was that Ubuntu was automatically mounting the flash in the very last step .. I dealt with that using the command ..

Code:
sudo modprobe -r cdc_phonet
and the flash went fine:

Code:
USB device found found at bus 001, device address 005
Found device RX-34, hardware revision 1301
NOLO version 1.1.16
Version of 'sw-release': <no version>
Sending kernel image (1717 kB)...
100% (1717 of 1717 kB, avg. 6176 kB/s)
Flashing kernel... done.
The device is now in R&D mode
I just tried taking the 2GB card out and see if I can get past the NITDroid logo screen, but no luck ..

My guess is maybe the size options I choose during partitioning may be not right ? I did the exact same partitioning as mentioned in the guide ..

Could someone please help me out here ? .. I really need to have NITDroid running ..

Last edited by ahmadka; 2010-11-11 at 05:07.

the nitdroid_downloader.sh Link is not working anymore

do u have a new one ?

Originally Posted by J031 View Post
I'm having issues with Step 4. I managed to get everything working great until then, but for some inexplicable reason, flasher-3.0-static does not work at all.

I have tried to run it with the sudo prefix, but all it returns is
Code:
sudo ./flasher-3.0-static command not found
I originally downloaded the file via the downloader script, but I then redownloaded the file itself and tried again. Same story.

It doesn't matter if the full line is spelled out or if all arguments are removed. Same result.

Any help? I can't figure out for the life of me why the flasher just doesn't work whatsoever.

Thanks
same problem here. cannot work nitdroid complete script too. it's closes before partitioning sd card.... Manual installation i'm stuck on this! Please someone help!

NITdroid finally managed to install both as the N810 N800!
The problem is that the file "flasher-3.0-static" is faulty!
Then, during installation, I made some changes:

I make a little difference in the installation. In nitdroid_complete.sh file it will download all the necessary files except the flasher (which is defective). If you use, it will stop soon after you partition the card and copy the android system on it.
Assuming you stuck at it, let's continue manually.
First, download this file in Linux (preferably Ubuntu, but can be a virtual machine that also works):

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...2.5.2.2.tar.gz

Extract its contents and place the file "flasher-3.5" in the same location where the file is "flasher-3.0-static". Now, back to the first post and look at this manual step:

"To flash the kernel, use the command on Terminal Following:"
Code:
./flasher-3.0-static-f-k zImage-nitdroid-n8x0 - enable-rd-mode-R
Replace with:
Code:
sudo ./flasher-3.5-f-k zImage-nitdroid-n8x0 - enable-rd-mode-R
And voila! NITdroid here functioning both as the N800 N810!
Tip: I recommend using the manual installation, but the download script nitdroid_complete.sh to at least download all the files which would be required!

Be happy! ^^

Tags
android, nitdroid