Active Topics

Closed Thread
This did not fit to the requested applications list, and therefore posted here as longish request list

The idea was was to connect people, forums, multimedia and high quality audio. It must be wireless, always on, securely connected trusted or non trusted multimedia player or a gadget with ability to connect with people and published (downloads) and streamed multimedia content.

*** connectivity & interfaces
- xG connections to have no boundaries for content and media downloads and especially winning the last mile download challenge
- xG network based secure end-user identification
- has dual simcard slots for multioperator usage
- has my secure device identifier with master pasword and security wallet for multipple paswords because there will be many communities
- WLAN connection to access for local cloud disc storage
- USB x.0 and eSata connection to access attached media storage
- HDMI out to connect to tv or multimedia / "stereo"
- supports multichannel digital audio
- HDMI is DSD capable for rich voice quality support
- HDMI interface support 4K/8K
- has BT for headset connection (binaural stereo calls)
- has std analog headset connection for headset
- act also as a usb storage only
- higres camera to view the pictures on big screen tv
- codecs and media package support
- must support stereo or MCH mobile phone calls finally
- device output interface supports DSD (MCH) bitperfect out
- reads iso media containers to offer backwards compatibility to current delivery media copies

*** to avoid the network bottleneck, the industry want to sell discs, but security copy of the end users' content should be in the trusted media cloud with customer identifier
- end user has access to the cloud with personal account
- if local storage HD go broken the end user enjoys the cloud back-up copy

JOLLA operating system has multitasking platform available that is good for rich and heavy interfaces & processing
Local applications like
- spotify client for music with bitperfect output
- a local high quality mch music player that is using the interfaces
- netflix for movies via hdmi
- navigator with offline maps
- slide show player/ archive for the pics via hdmi to tv

Make the dream unit as a portable mobile phone
- roadmap should have Jolla multimedia pad: JPad

=> The other half #5 is like an interface docking station for some of the ( optional) above listed rich interfaces for easy connectivity to "AV-Stereo-Video-TV" devices

Industry or the "community" is then making USB and HDMI based gadgets and such products that the listed rich interfaces support to Jolla other half

I wish for the best luck and spirit to the new beginning after old platform has been forcefully torched down in management speaches, ramp-down the sales campaigns, acts and trojan like gestures.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I gave up on maintaining this & tying it in with it's sister threads a long time ago...
Others are free to pick-up the same process, can give them full access to the google docs, to be used in conjunction with the wiki entries etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-03 at 07:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
There should be proper contacts management with favorites, grouping, etc. also, a really flexible calendar with full syncing capabilities.
Both were realized rather poorly in Maemo, big love to Jolla if they improve on this. Not all the love must go into the UI...

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
There should be proper contacts management with favorites, grouping, etc. also, a really flexible calendar with full syncing capabilities.
Both were realized rather poorly in Maemo, big love to Jolla if they improve on this. Not all the love must go into the UI...
I think the Nemo middle-ware would largely dictate how well this works*, so if you want to get a rough idea of where it's at, speak to some Nemo folks or try Nemo.

*Although there maybe some substantive twks that are unique to Jolla's layer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Is there a possibility to create forlders for downloaded apps? Meaning like create folder "Games" and move all the games to the folder.

EDIT1: and is there a way to turn off the notification light on the front of the phone. The one that changes color, blinks, or stays on with certain events.

EDIT2: Is there a possibility to change the background image after an ambience is created? Or customise the colors? I get a sucky brown/orange theme when I use my dark and gloomy background to create ambience. It is not supposed to be cheery and poppy, but rather mellow and plain and dark. ARGH!

Tried to search the manual and web, but nothing on this.

Last edited by jalundan; 2013-12-10 at 22:01.

The main purpose of this thread was abandoned long ago, this is the most suitable thread for your post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91875&page=133

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
I'm sorry, but I didn't read the whole chain of messages.

As Maemo user (N810, N900), I would like to install applications to be used in CLI in SailfishOS on Jolla device.

For instance I could install Python 2.7 (pkcon install python) but not Python 3 (which I would like to have). Irssi would be nice, perhaps vim too.

How can I add repositories to SailfishOS? Or where should I look for packages?

This thread was never meant for this sort of post, aside from that it (kinda) served it's purpose long ago.
You're best-off starting a new thread in this sub-forum:
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52
Or finding a relevant active thread there, or the other main sub (which is more hw/device centric)...

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2014 @ The Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan
can someone help me with

Android Support App

From Another source

Not Jolla Store ??

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
UTF8 support modules
BT-HID modules (others ?)

Patching of drivers compat-wireless/Qualcomm Prima WCNSS drivers to support 1) Monitor Mode 2) Packet Injection

connmanager update to support proxy (sock4/5 etc)

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open