Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
I contacted 'kido' of AsteroidOS today. The 'brcm-patchram-plus' tool alone is not enough. We also need to patch 'bluesleep.c' in the kernel sources. I got some links now and will have a closer look into it. Obviously I do this on the CM12 kernel sources. I guess you use a newer kernel now with the CM13 base.
BluesLeep.c .. A sign

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
I contacted 'kido' of AsteroidOS today. The 'brcm-patchram-plus' tool alone is not enough. We also need to patch 'bluesleep.c' in the kernel sources. I got some links now and will have a closer look into it. Obviously I do this on the CM12 kernel sources. I guess you use a newer kernel now with the CM13 base.
I saw something like that when looking through their github page. Could you post the necessary commits?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
I saw something like that when looking through their github page. Could you post the necessary commits?
The 'BIG' patch is this one...

https://github.com/AsteroidOS/meta-d...-proc-bl.patch

Then you also have to compile 'brcm-patchram-plus' with this flag... "-DLPM_HAMMERHEAD"

I have to admit that this is far beyond my coder knowledge, but 'kido' offered his help. You will see in the patch, that in fact there are changes in multiple files of the bluetooth stack... You can always catch him in #asteroid on irc.freenode.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Seems like most of the patches in bluesleep.c are already included in cm12.1 kernel. Adding the rest seems easy, if it doesn't throw any build errors.

I haven't figued out how to build brcm-patchram-plus, but i only tried for a few minutes...

Thanks again!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Seems like most of the patches in bluesleep.c are already included in cm12.1 kernel. Adding the rest seems easy, if it doesn't throw any build errors.

I haven't figued out how to build brcm-patchram-plus, but i only tried for a few minutes...

Thanks again!
Yeah I also realized that some code is already baked in.

I add a comment of the conversation I had with 'kido' on #asteroid
Code:
19:07 @ kido : ok, anyway the patch just takes a couple of minutes to write. it's just a matter of hooking the standard kernel's HCI subsystem's HCI_DEV_REG, HCI_DEV_UNREG and HCI_DEV_WRITE to a handler in bluesleep.c that reproduces what bluesleep_write_proc_lpm and bluesleep_write_proc_btwrite do on the equivalents event

Last edited by minimec; 2017-05-10 at 22:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Is there any progress with moving this to Mer wiki as udpated installation method?

And is sensorsfix3.zip still needed by the way?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
I am still using SFOS version 2.0.5.6 based on CM 12.1. The main reason for this being the unresolved (?) video recording problems with CM 13.

However, recently it has become a little annoying to find more and more software requiring SFOS 2.1. I feel like being left behind just a little.

So here's the big question: Is it possible to upgrade from 2.0.5.6 to version 2.1.0.11 using the same procedure as before? If so, are there any caveats to be aware of?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
+1 I'm in the same situation, even because of the lack of Android compatibility.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
I am still using SFOS version 2.0.5.6 based on CM 12.1. The main reason for this being the unresolved (?) video recording problems with CM 13.

So here's the big question: Is it possible to upgrade from 2.0.5.6 to version 2.1.0.11 using the same procedure as before? If so, are there any caveats to be aware of?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
@dubliner, claustn: That is the current situation we face, right. I jumped on the CM13 train as i wanted stable bluetooth. Can't really answer the question if OTA works but if you use Multirom you can easily give it a shot by turning of device lock, making a complete copy of your productive system using a second system and 'cp -av production copy', test your copy and OTA copy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
you cant upgrade to 2.1.0.11 it bricks cause :/

with bluetooth ive been using bluetooth fine daily with this phone.

has anyone installed the alien dalvik on this page onto the cm13 base and had it working?

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2017-08-19 at 21:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid