Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
The sources.list is infamously hidden in /etc/apt/sources.d/hildon-application-manager.list .
The difference in the package cache might be from me using cssu-testing?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Ah, thanks. Found it in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list.
Yeah, I am using CSSU-Devel.
Thanks again, much appreciated!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
1) I have a mouse cursor on the screen. It follows the stylus which is kinda cool and it does not bother me so I am quite happy to leave it as it is but if someone knows what might have caused it I would be quite interested.
Can you post a listing of /usr/share/icons/default/cursors? (/usr/share/icons should be a symlink to /opt/usr/share/icons).

In there you should have a file called "transp" (4160 bytes) -- that's your mouse cursor/icon (the name gives you a hint as to why it is invisible .

There should be a lot of other files (also icons), which are all actually symlinks to the one and only mouse pointer icon in Maemo ("transp").

Hint: the transp icon comes from package osso-af-utils. Either apt-get --reinstall install osso-af-utils, or, if you're worried about postinstall side-effects (no idea, just being careful), you could just unpack the .deb and manually copy stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Mind you, I would actually prefer to get rid of the package anyway and have the device permanently locked in landscape but apt is telling me that it would render libcpaboutcssu, rtcom-accounts-voip-support, rtcom-messaging-ui-portrait, dsme-thermalobject-surface, modest-home-applet, qtquickcompat and maemo-optify-runonce candidates for autoremove. The ones I am not sure about are the ones in italics. What exactly do they do?
Those packages are part of the stuff that are installed as a dependency of the mp-fremantle-generic-pr (and I guess also mp-fremantle-community-pr, given the insistence of CSSU guys of copying Nokia ad absurdum..).

the dsme-thermalobject package, I guess, can be safely uninstalled -- although for some reason I still have it in my normal N900. Best is just to set it to manually installed (apt-get install dsme-thermal..) so that apt-get won't bother you.

modest-home-applet is the modest widget. I don't use it, so I have also removed it.

Whatever you want to keep, just set to manually installed.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Can you post a listing of /usr/share/icons/default/cursors?
Err, no I can't. My /usr/share/icons contains only dtg and hildon. No defaults.

Thanks for the hint, I will reinstall osso-af-utils as soon as I get to the WiFi zone.

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-04-22 at 09:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Err, no I can't. My /usr/share/icons contains only dtg and hildon. No defaults.
Funny, I don't have "hildon" in there. Only default, dtg and hicolor. The latter is used by many packages, and actually contains a hildon subfolder. The bulk of it comes from *osso-icons-default*, so you might want to reinstall that package as well!

Sorry, I meant hicolor.

@reinob, you are a genius! Reinstalling osso-af-utils has indeed got rid of the cursor. I also tried osso-icons-default but it pulled maemo-icons-203 which is what I had reinstalled before so no change there.

BTW the mystery of my strange apt-cache is solved! Trying to reinstall osso-af-utils with apt-get got me the same "cannot be downloaded" error as status-area-orientationlock-applet did before so I opened HAM, re-saved all the repos, did HAM update and that fixed the apt policy.

The last (haha!) question in this thread. What is the name of the package that pops up the "Enter SIM card PIN" dialog? I've searched the repos for SIM, PIN, card, prompt, request, init, startup and boot, all to no avail.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
The last (haha!) question in this thread. What is the name of the package that pops up the "Enter SIM card PIN" dialog? I've searched the repos for SIM, PIN, card, prompt, request, init, startup and boot, all to no avail.
Search for lock.
http://maemo.org/packages/search/?org_maemo_packages_search[1][property]=name&org_maemo_packages_search[1][constraint]=LIKE&org_maemo_packages_search[1][value]=lock&org_maemo_packages_search[2][property]=title&org_maemo_packages_search[2][constraint]=LIKE&org_maemo_packages_search[2][value]=same
By the way, is maemo.org vulnerable to an attack when the SQL request to the database is exposed like that? Simple curiosity. Because such a complex-long url suggests that the user can specify different constraints, properties and values to the system, and the "name includes" package search is limited - like many graphical user interfaces are.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, reinstallation