Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
Ok i don't know how this started, i just noticed now.

My phone doesn't wanna display the 'connect to internet' page in settings. My phone is not connecting to WiFi even though it is in automatically connect list (i know about this problem and i have modified icd2, so that's not the problem).

Also the 2G/3G icon keeps showing even though mobile data is off. It doesn't do anything on pressing 'No internet connection' (see image). The page just doesn't come up.

Even if i go to edit networks page hold a network and press connect, nothing happens.

My phone died due to low battery yesterday, everything was working fine till then, i noticed that put it to charge and hadn't used it until just now and this problem shows up.

I have tried restarting, didn't help. Also a cold boot didn't do anything.
Attached Images

any ideas?

no one?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norway
I have seen this behavior on a few occasions and a reboot always solved the problem. If a reboot does not help, you could try to restore settings as follows:

Settings -> Reset -> Restore settings

This will restore a lot of configuration files, so you will lose a few settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to BentL For This Useful Post:
why didn't i try that?
doing it right now.

EDIT: Didn't work. It also messed up my folders on homescreen.

What can i do? What is the name of the app/page that opens on pressing 'connect'. How do i launch that with shell? Or see what is wrong with that?

Last edited by tioubxancur; 2016-02-27 at 14:33.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norway
Next thing you could try is to toggle flight mode:

Settings -> Flight mode -> On | Off

First set flight mode to off, then to on.

The Following User Says Thank You to BentL For This Useful Post:
tried that already, doesn't work.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
I had a strange case also where I wasn't able to browse with the stock web browser or stock social feeds (Twitter, Facebook). Only Opera and Firefox worked which was really weird. It happened after I tried connecting to a hotspot I made on another device. All my other devices connected to hotspot just fine except for the N9, so I thought it was a compatibility issue until I thought about it more. Maybe it was because I took the SIM card out while the N9 was still on that triggered the problem, I'm guessing. Today, I went to Restore the settings in Reset, and got everything working as should again. Although I lost all my saved Wi-Fi Internet connections. My system theme and icons restored to the default black.

Anyway, I see that your issue is a different one, tioubxancur. Basic task, but I assumed you tried deleting the Wi-Fi connection and reconnecting it. If that doesn't work, you can try turning off the N9 and taking the SIM card out, turn on and see if it connects to any of the Wi-Fi. Restore the settings without SIM card in if you have to. There's also the RestartWifi app that just restarts the Wi-Fi connection when browser's not working, so you don't have to reboot the device. There's probably a tweak out there that lets you choose which connection it should always connect to (like on N900 and N800/810) but I haven't come upon it. The last resort is to flash the device. Otherwise it may be a hardware problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post:
its not just the wifi. No internet connection works. Even the mobile data doesn't connect. Pressing on connect does precisely nothing. The connect to internet page where all the currently available wifi and mobile data connection are displayed doesn't open at all.
I just wanna know what that page is called or how to invoke it with command line.

I guess that it is a hardware issue (i really hope it's not). Because i don't remember doing anything with my phone that would cause this.
I'll wait for sometime, see if someone here can help out, or else flashing is the only option.

bump

10chars