Active Topics

Hello,
I installed nitdroid couple of weeks ago! Almost everything works good, But I'm facing problem regarding to sms receiving! I can't receive full text if its longer than certain chars .and after sometime i don't even text! In short i get no text after certain time!
I'm using Nitdroid 2.3.4 Since I'm a newbie Please help me what to do! This is giving me headache! I tried to search it but didn't get a solid answer!

And also is there anyhope to get fully working nitdroid port on N900 coz i really love using android port on n900 i dunno why but it looks different from other android smart phones

your help would be greatly appreciated thanks

the same problem happened with me.
when I saw the title of the topic I was happy that I might find what I want to unfortunately there's no updates or answers
anyway please who knows about that issue just tell us what we should do to fix it

--------------------
Daily Egypt News

It's a known problem in ofono/ofono-ril stack according to e-yes.

Oh thanks God I'm not alone anyway! Its sure that everyone ain't facing this problem! Coz Almost negligible users are reporting this ..So i was just wondering if this problem will fix by Upgrading to nitrdoid 2.3.7 or reinsalling nitroid 2.3.4 :s

This problem really sucks seriously! Experts should have contribution in this problem!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Oh, SMS is such a useless technology anyway. It has a character limit, no guaranteed arrival (worse than a UDP packet) and doesn't support encryption. Also, not all phones support MMS.

Just find some friends without a dumbphone or a non-Jailbroken iPhoney and use IRC and IM with Pidgen over Mobile Broadband like a man.

Heck, I even want to see encrypted VoIP/SIP with open protocols take over the traditional telephone.

LOL! seriously! SMS ain't a useless tech I was LMAO when i saw your reply. and I don't wanna use pidgin thingy! Though it sucks!

Anyway! I updated my phone to nitdroid 2.3.7 (Its highly experimental though) but it really solved my SMS problem! I used nitdroid yesterday for like 12 hours and didn't see any problems with texting!

BUT! I don't recommend anybody 2.3.7 because i faced millions of problems with it! Applications got crashed like trillion times! Facebook is useless! I couldn't even write a comment it asks me to force close!

The worst thing in nitdroid 2.3.7 is the sound has been so much creepy,I could hear strong distortion! even when i was playing angry birds i had to mute it! The sound is annoying! besides these,I had to face many restarts! Which actually sucks really!

Camera has been awful in 2.3.7! You can't see anybody in picture if you're indoor! Unless you've 1000 watt bulb light it think (Sorry i over exaggerated but its true literally) I captured a picture outside my house but the camera result was like 1.3 mp camera which was really creepy!

A good thing about 2.3.7 is, I found it a little bit faster than 2.3.4! like animations in menu! blah blah..

Some apps doesn't work like battery watcher etc! Phone gets restart as you'll open them!

I wish i could get a working android software on my N900

Last edited by hussy.plus; 2012-06-19 at 10:39.