Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
as one of the developers working on maps software (OSM Scout Server, offline provider for use with the map clients), I am curious. What did you find missing in them? Has it been covered in github issues of the projects already or is it something different? Constructive critique is welcome, it helps to evolve.
- Night mode
- Better search capabilities. At least in the US, it does not find addresses reliably. Tried all options: OpenCage, OSM Scout, Photon.

(FYI, using on Onyx in case it matters)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lfc22 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
I very much do miss the following "stupid" feature : if I simply tap somewhere in the map, I can see point-to-point distance from my location. Nothing fancy, and usually I do it when I want to get a feeling how far is that from me instead of a super-accurate timing for a walk / drive. And as a human being, I am quite often driven by feelings :-D
Looks like it should be easy to implement in modRana - there is even a "point info" page you can show after long pressing any point on the map where the distance from current position could be shown.

I've created a tracking issue - if you have a GitHub account, you can subscribe to it to be notified once the feature is implemented.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
^^ Díky

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
^^ Díky
V pohodě.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
- Night mode
- Better search capabilities. At least in the US, it does not find addresses reliably. Tried all options: OpenCage, OSM Scout, Photon.

(FYI, using on Onyx in case it matters)
actually whogo-maps has nightmode

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by objectifnul View Post
=> https://cedesguin-drive.mycozy.cloud...88aaa8a5dc54aa

(Taken from my old Jolla phone)
Does anyone have a newer version? It does work on my Xperia X with SFOS 3.0.1.11, but I prefer to have the latest version if possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jozz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Here you go.
But seriously, who uses Sailfish Maps anyway? Use Pure Maps instead. Much better in every aspect.
Attached Files
File Type: rpm sailfish-maps-1.2.5-1.9.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm (117.2 KB, 61 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Here you go.
But seriously, who uses Sailfish Maps anyway? Use Pure Maps instead. Much better in every aspect.
Sailfish Maps admittedly has one nice feature where you can add a picture to your saved locations. Perhaps that's the killer feature that would make everyone switch to Pure Maps.

Honestly though, I think Jolla should dump Sailfish Maps entirely and distribute Pure Maps as the 'official' Sailfish map application, bypassing all Harbour restrictions. They wouldn't have to spend any more money, time and other resources on developing their by now long lacklustre maps application any further. I don't think the license would be problematic either because Maps isn't technically part of Sailfish as it isn't included in the default bundle, you have to install it manually.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@nthn,

+1

They could even support rinigus financially and still save money.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Honestly though, I think Jolla should dump Sailfish Maps entirely and distribute Pure Maps as the 'official' Sailfish map application, bypassing all Harbour restrictions.
I've had the same thoughts for months, and I'm sure we are not alone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post: