Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Or you could play sounds implying you were somewhere you weren't.
you're a genius!

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
...i'd also like the features of music / photos / video while in a call... i used to have it as well in my n95...

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I LOVE IT!
Can it be done? I have never thought of this!

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 214 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cape town
I'd assume PulseAudio has the underlying capabilities needed to make this work, but it wasn't really a priority.

The Following User Says Thank You to cb22 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
This sounds like a job for the TELETRANSPORTER!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbrodie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
To the thread starter: If your thread is a question, use the question mark (?). If you did achieve something important or have some breaking news not yet posted in any other thread , you might use an exclamation mark (!).

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
To the thread starter: If your thread is a question, use the question mark (?). If you did achieve something important or have some breaking news not yet posted in any other thread , you might use an exclamation mark (!).
thanks dude

I dont wanna play background sounds, just plain simple music from the media player while im in call. Is it possible?

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by JR99 View Post
thanks dude

I dont wanna play background sounds, just plain simple music from the media player while im in call. Is it possible?
did you try with musicbox or (k)mplayer ? they use a different method to play sounds than the standard media player, maybe it works. (no guarantees, though )

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by cb22 View Post
I'd assume PulseAudio has the underlying capabilities needed to make this work, but it wasn't really a priority.
... so what we'd probably really need is a generix mixer application that can use the output of applicaton A ist input for application B, plus some fancy controls for volume etc.

A version 2.0 would then allow to add some distortion to whatever you're piping through the mixer, so you'll have a romantic song on the media player plus the microphone set as input for the phone application; in addition to that, you distort the mic somewhat so you're voice sounds rough and sexy... I can feel this will be a top download.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Well, mplayer also doesn't work. From what I can tell this isn't just the phone app muting the volume or something. There appear to be 2 alsa playback devices, I am trying to play with them but so far no success...

Tags
question