Notices

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
so use filebox to overwrite the app icons with transparent ones
if you want to resize the clickable area use theme customizer,
its a pretty easy thing to do if im honest, but doing it to every homescreen will be mega confusing as your not gonna remember where things all are
a safer idea is to make and install a transparent icon pack and apply it with theme customizer, then your not overwriting the originals

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
do you want me to do this for you?

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
hm with resizing using theme customizer theyd all be the same size, which wouldnt be ideal.

As said Ive allready done this with conversations, file manager, phone, contacts and microB using queen beeconwidgets, is there a drawback to using qbw, leetut?

Originally Posted by slai View Post
Etuoyo, got any idea where I can find txts similiar to those you provided earlier, only for these apps:

fMMS
Application Manager
X-term
Images
MediaBox
Media Player
FastSMS

?

EDIT: edited the OP to include these things and also a few more things Im pondering =) .
If you want to create beecons for any application then simply create a new beecon and then import any of the files I uploaded into the beecon. Then go into the edit command. The command for katana for example would read:

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:"katana"

You just need to replace katana in the command with the relevant input for the application you want. To find out what name you need to put for any application just check this folder:

/usr/share/applications/hildon

(do not put in the .desktop extension).

To save the new beecon you have created go to advanced then select export command to buffer, export beecon to buffer and then export buffer to file and then save it anywhere you want on the device. So if you want to use the same command and png on a different desktop (or in case your widgets disappear or you reflash) you can just import the file you saved.

perfect! thanks a bunch, etuoyo!

any idea on hiding the rest of my screen ?

Is my main screen, left eye is fmms, right eye is contact, mouth is conversations, ear/blossom is phone, large leaf in the wind is microb, the lowest leaf is opera, the smaller one above it is fennec.

Is for media. Eye is photos, headphone bell is media player.

Tits/heart is Xterm, notepad in her hands is notes, calendar is calendar, drawers are file manager, pen on the desk is sketch.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I would say that QBW is the way to go. You can have icons with individual sizes as well as no need to worry about corrupting the original icon files. Pretty awesome idea u got there.

I scrolled through real quick, so someone might have already said one of these solutions.

If you want to hide the clock, I'm pretty sure powatool can do it. It's two functions are to disable the boot video and disable certain elements of the toolbar.

Also, you might have luck installing the advanced clock from the repos. When I installed it, even after reboot, it just removed my clock entirely. I'm sure it was just missing dependencies or something, but hey, it's worth a shot.