Closed Thread
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
Ok posting from my 800 nitdroid workin at a usable speed now no crashes either. New rootfs uploading now

UPDATE: first post edited with new info

UPDATE 2: also if anyone with a n900 wants to be tester and already has at least some idea how to flash etc i would be happy to try build a kernel and rootfs to try,
awesome...i'm going try this on my N810 as soon as I got time...thx

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Australia
Can the rootfs be mirrored somewhere? All attempts to download it fail half way through the download.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
do we have #nitdroid or simuliar on freenode?

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
do we have #nitdroid or simuliar on freenode?
yes.. #nitdroid

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
@dj_steve

Yep, I tested the new rootfs.
It seems to be faster and more stable. But had a few freezes with this build too (mostly in the wifi settings dialog).

And yes, I was able to get wifi working again (even with the previous 0.5.0 build), but only by reinstalling everything, dunno why.

But when I try to connect to a WPA-EAP secured network I get a strange dialog asking for a password for the password storage or something like that (dont remember what it said exactly - had my device set to german). If I typed in something, the dialog just disappeard and nothing happened.

EDIT: In English it is called the "credentials storage". And I am still not able to clear or set a password. This seems to hinder me to get into WPA-EAP networks

All in all I think it is an improvement.

Last edited by andoreasu; 2010-04-16 at 12:39.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
My wishlist: german keyboard, japanese ime :-P

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
I just tried an OpenGL ES game that we're developing at the moment on NITDroid 0.5.1 on a N810. Software rendering works, although the framerate is very, very slow (as is to be expected):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gDuWTCsP0M

It would be awesome if we could get hardware accelerated OpenGL ES rendering for NITDroid on the N900 at some point (I don't think the N8x0 drivers are mature enough yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Yea ill put mirror up tonight and yea the n8x0 ogles drivers I can't even compile yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Calendar and contacts do not work for me - they just close straight back down. email stops unexpectly (it's words) after the email address and password are entered.

I've had a couple of freezes mostly in the Browser. System could still do with being a bit snappier.

Otherwise it's brilliant - really exciting, fresh and cool. Champion

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
And, I've just managed to download and install Mythmote for my Mythtv system, which had worked flawlessly.

Well chuffed - Cheers Steve for all your hard work

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid