Closed Thread
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
ok finally an update worthy post

we have very close to workign sound on the n810 (n800 sound chip is going to be more challenging due to it being part of the touch screen chip - going to have to backprot drivers from other kernel i suspect)

but yep n810 sound chip is detected by kernel so just trying to sort out persuading android to see it now
Good work ; -) You might want to check out

http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting

You have to sift through the posts to find some good information though

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Australia
ok finally an update worthy post

we have very close to workign sound on the n810 (n800 sound chip is going to be more challenging due to it being part of the touch screen chip - going to have to backprot drivers from other kernel i suspect)

but yep n810 sound chip is detected by kernel so just trying to sort out persuading android to see it now
Do you already have Android Eclair (2.0, 2.0.1 or 2.1) running on the n810, or are you just using the old NITdroid rootfs and kernel? I haven't seen any posts saying you have Eclair working, nor has nitdroid.com been updated to suggest such. Obviously, I'd rather not duplicate effort in getting it to run :P, so if you do have Eclair running, can you post your rootfs and kernel?

Originally Posted by andoreasu View Post
Very cool

Did you boot from the internal flash, "internal card" or flash?
My boot video was booting directly from external MMC on the n810. The boot animation is obviously from the Nexus One :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Termana For This Useful Post:
Do you think that it would be possible (in the future times, of course) to install android on N900 in that simple way you flash Maemo5 today? Or even better, to flash both systems this simple? Wihout so much messing with config files, R&D and stuff ... ? Just curious, Im pretty satisfied with Maemo ...

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
flashing is a minor thing that will be sorted once we have a stable build. and no i am still using solca root, (my build system doesn make usuable builds for some reason (probably becasue im using debian not ubuntu).

termana any chance you can post up your root fs? i can provide a ftp for it if needed, pm me

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
i can't wait till you guy make a stable build for the n900 cause i'm having to many problems with meamo 5 and nokias to many over sights this is the first device i have ever had any problems with at all the most ******ing thing being that a soft reset which is suppose to wipe a phone clean fresh slate does not work on the n900 all it ended up doing was wiping all the apns make it a phone that can only make phone calls not text or get on the web or make apns using fanp and i have windows 7 so flasher wont work lucky Microsoft is gonna bail my @$$ out with xp mode that im downloading now so when u guy make a permanent android build you will be like gods among men to me

right havent made an update in a while

i have successfully got my linux kernel to recognise the n800 & n810 sound chips so just trying to persuade android to work with it now.

EDIT:
wondering if anyone with a n8x0 could tell me the contents of /usr/shar/alsa if they have it and also of /etc/asound.conf . my n800 is currently minus its maemo kernel so qwont boot and its otu of power for now so need help finding this

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-03-24 at 20:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
i can't wait till you guy make a stable build for the n900 cause i'm having to many problems with meamo 5 and nokias to many over sights this is the first device i have ever had any problems with at all the most ******ing thing being that a soft reset which is suppose to wipe a phone clean fresh slate does not work on the n900 all it ended up doing was wiping all the apns make it a phone that can only make phone calls not text or get on the web or make apns using fanp and i have windows 7 so flasher wont work lucky Microsoft is gonna bail my @$$ out with xp mode that im downloading now so when u guy make a permanent android build you will be like gods among men to me
Maemo flasher 3.5 seems to work fine for me with Windows 7.

right havent made an update in a while

i have successfully got my linux kernel to recognise the n800 & n810 sound chips so just trying to persuade android to work with it now.

EDIT:
wondering if anyone with a n8x0 could tell me the contents of /usr/shar/alsa if they have it and also of /etc/asound.conf . my n800 is currently minus its maemo kernel so qwont boot and its otu of power for now so need help finding this
I would help you but I don't know how to print a list. I am using mc and am able to navigate to the folder but is there a command to just print the directory to a text file? It would be easier instead of having to hand-write everything.

Or even in xterm. Just tell me what to type and I will do it for you.

for ls its easy even via notmal xterm

ls -Ra /dev >> /media/mmc1/dev.txt

Here it is....I hope it has what you wanted....It does look a bit weird tho....

Edit: I also added the "usr/share/alsa" directory as well. Don't know if you still need it but I will put it here anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dev.txt (17.0 KB, 160 views)
File Type: txt alsa.txt (1.0 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by azz; 2010-03-24 at 22:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to azz For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread