Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel -f -R
why are you trying to flash this kernel?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, you probably can flash it corrcetly with original firmware files if you do that in "erase all userdata mode" which rewrites your partitions.

However, that does wipe the device totally clean, so I suggest first boot it with a rescue kernel and make backups, if you have anything of worth there you want to save.

Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
why are you trying to flash this kernel?
I found in one tutorial that I should flash kernel so i did but nothing..

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, you probably can flash it corrcetly with original firmware files if you do that in "erase all userdata mode" which rewrites your partitions.

However, that does wipe the device totally clean, so I suggest first boot it with a rescue kernel and make backups, if you have anything of worth there you want to save.
I've tried with "flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure" but still the same error

rober01, you simple need to flash the firmware and emmc images together, without booting in between, and the message will go away.

following that, you can run disclaimer-cal --remove to permanently delete the error message from the phone, and reinstall the openkernel. {syntax is: 'disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode'}

ive done this dozens of times on 4 different n9s.

Last edited by wolke; 2014-07-02 at 14:27.

oh sorry, nevermind, i should actually read what your problem is before answering. cant help with windows, so ill just show myself out.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
rober01, you simple need to flash the firmware and emmc images together, without booting in between, and the message will go away.

following that, you can run disclaimer-cal --remove to permanently delete the error message from the phone, and reinstall the openkernel.

ive done this dozens of times on 4 different n9s.
could you please write me the exact command?

Originally Posted by robert01 View Post
could you please write me the exact command?
my apologies, what i said wont help you. {i misunderstood thinking that you meant flashing failed to remove the image, not that flashing failed with an error because of partitions.}

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
... if you do that in "erase all userdata mode" which rewrites your partitions ...
No!?

"flasher -f -F main.bin -F eMMC.bin" does rewrite partitions.
Above wipes user data (only).

Or am I plain stupid/old/Alzheimer'ish??

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

if you are still stuck after trying variations of the flasher command, may i suggest downloading a gnu/linux image {say, linux mint with cinnamon}, burning it onto a thumbdrive, temporarily booting into it, and then just using parted from mint?