Notices

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
get device 1 to show a barcode.
take picture with device 2.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
get device 1 to show a barcode.
take picture with device 2.
I don't know why I didn't think of that, there are these little barcodes on just about everything around here that you can scan with your phone and get all the information on whatever the barcode is on. Good idea .

Why not just using vcard? you can already make one your self or generate it according to your needs.
A simple click then its been send.
Please don't consider any given "Thanks" by this user as a positive sign of grateful; as a leak of giving "-Thanks" is a leaked feature here. You might be rewarded by meaningless "Thanks" by this user.
-Thanks for your understanding

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
indeed, a vcard thats sendt by bluetooth do not need a pairing, only a accept at the other end. one just have to make sure the device getting the vcard is discoverable.

and i just leave bluetooth on but not discoverable unless its my home desktop, as there are simpler ways to do id theft then using bluetooth...

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
What about a desktop applet for the N900 that simply sends your business card via sms?

visually: field to type phone number + send button
Backend: use "internal Nokia function" (present in all current symbian phones) to send your business card/info via sms.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Hmm I found I didn't have to do a lot of pairing on my N95... I just select send file/contact via bluetooth. The other party needs to have bluetooth enabled of course and not hidden. Then select his device hit send and it's there. No pairing.