So its end of June; no announcment, not even an announcement about an announcement. Public Relations at its worst.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
There is no problem installing Play Store (it's preinstalled on Aqua Fish), but there is a problem downloading or updating applications as Google is excluding us.

I removed all gapps yesterday in the evening. I found out, all apps I'm using do not need the Google services. I'm fine with it. If they don't let me install apps they don't deserve it to have their services on my phone.
I also don't want to have all this google services crap on my phone.. Uninstalled some time ago and using APKpure without any problems since then.. It looks, like APKpure is mirroring the apps from Google Play quite regularly...

Nokia 5110 --> Nokia 3210 --> Nokia 8210 --> Nokia 7250i --> Nokia 6500 Slide --> Nokia N97 mini --> Nokia N9 --> BB Z30 --> Jolla C

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaracz For This Useful Post:
check the minutes of the collaboration meeting, they said the blog is already written and in review phase. as the content is somehow critical, there need to be several persons looking over it.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to meldolion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Jaracz View Post
I also don't want to have all this google services crap on my phone.. Uninstalled some time ago and using APKpure without any problems since then.. It looks, like APKpure is mirroring the apps from Google Play quite regularly...
I live without gapps for about 2-3 years. So yes, it is possible.

Only the pop-up in some apps annoys me.
Most of the applications still do work but I have to close a dozen or two of pop-ups.
Moreover, in some of those apps I have to keep out of choosing OK by clicking somewhere outside of the pop-up to do not crash the app.
What a malicious piece of code.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Finding apk or installing it is not a problem. The big huddle is google service on which more and more apps are relying (or google makes it like this).

This is where the android runtime in BB10 became less and less useful although there's hack or tweak to remove the google service dependency.

I don't know how alien dalvik works and handles but I really do hope it won't cause too much inconvenience to use android app properly.

I use iOS, Android, Window 10 mobile, BB10, Sailfish (for a short time) and Meego, but wired that I like the OS the most in the reserve order (Window 10 mobile is out of the pic).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by meldolion View Post
check the minutes of the collaboration meeting, they said the blog is already written and in review phase. as the content is somehow critical, there need to be several persons looking over it.
Can you pls give us the link? Or extract of anything related to the update 10.1.1.12?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Can you pls give us the link? Or extract of anything related to the update 10.1.1.12?

I missed a few there 😁

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-m...08.00.log.html

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
So?

What is going on? Nothing?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
So?

What is going on? Nothing?
Yeah, Another year has passed an still nothing. I heard it might appear during July.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x