Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Swipe up originally came from WebOS before Nokia copied it and inverted it. Swipe up was also used in Blackberry OS. I found it slightly annoying that Harmattan went for swipe down but was actually grateful that they included it at all after it was missing from the developer programme beta.
You could also do swipe gestures from android phones that are rooted and have Xposed module swipe back. Can also use gmd gestures. The gestures can be set up from any edge. On my note edge I had my swipe gestures mostly run from the right edge. For example, if I swiped to the left it would kill a job. The animation would look like the app was sliding off the screen kind of like what the N9 did. If you just motioned a little (kind of a partial swipe) you could peak behind the app to the home screen to check something there. Was also set up so that if I swipe down on the right edge it would take me to the last app I used. If I swiped up on the right edge it would bring be back to where I was.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Does it matter who was first? Well if you found an alien war machine on a crusade through the universe I might raise an eyebrow. But swip down to close an application?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Does it matter who was first? Well if you found an alien war machine on a crusade through the universe I might raise an eyebrow. But swip down to close an application?
Only for patents! Actually swipe user interface was invented by aliens on a distant planet eons ago. Same thing with discovery/invention of general relativity theory and so forth...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I concur!!!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Only for patents! Actually swipe user interface was invented by aliens on a distant planet eons ago. Same thing with discovery/invention of general relativity theory and so forth...
Don't forget the use of stone tools. I have also read Space Odyssey. (I tried to watch it too but it was too boring. The book was much better.)

Yes, I concur.

Was just wondering. Does Google know more about you then your spouse does...

Was just wondering. Does Google know more about you then your spouse does...
Probobly when it come to know more about you. But they don’t know you better.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Probobly when it come to know more about you. But they don’t know you better.
Yes. That is true!

Yes. That is true!
How is your new device coming along?

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson