Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Anyone want to be in charge of setting up a mini exhibit, maybe for the OSiM Maemo booth and/or the Maemo Summit: https://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Maemo_Su...8#Mini_Exhibit
Sounds like a good idea but where is all the hardware coming from?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
Sounds like a good idea but where is all the hardware coming from?
Funny, you worry about the hardware and I worry about the people to run that.

To tell you the truth I'm a bit shoked of not getting much responses / offers to work on basic aspects of the organization that still are looking volunteers to handle them. To be even more clear, for me it's double shocking if you consider the amount of people sponsored or willing to be sponsored.

Apart from this, Reggie's idea is very good if it can be put into practice. Hardware shouldn't be a problem if all the rest is in place.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Funny, you worry about the hardware and I worry about the people to run that.

To tell you the truth I'm a bit shoked of not getting much responses / offers to work on basic aspects of the organization that still are looking volunteers to handle them. To be even more clear, for me it's double shocking if you consider the amount of people sponsored or willing to be sponsored.

Apart from this, Reggie's idea is very good if it can be put into practice. Hardware shouldn't be a problem if all the rest is in place.
I meant in the sense that if a prerequisite was to actually have the hardware such as the Puppy Robot or even an n810 then I couldn't help (I only have a n800) as I don't have that but if the hardware is there I'm more than willing to help out demonstrating it to people (once I've had a play myself )

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
PS: Don't forget to try out Club-Mate!
allnameswereout, the Summit will be taking place on your turf, which you obviously know well. Would you be able to use your knowledge of Berlin to recommend/locate a printing company that could produce custom t-shirts and stickers? I've tried Googling for a suitable company near c-base, but sadly, listening to KMFDM and Einstuerzende Neubauten during my teens left me only with decreased hearing ability, not an understanding of the German language.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2008-07-25 at 12:44. Reason: Fixing stupid typo

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
I have started promoting sessions on Saturday from the talk page to the main page. It's a first draft, but it's a start and hopefully things will start to shake out from here. If your ideas are still on the talk page it's either because I'm not sure if already have your time or if you are actually planning on going. Feel free to email me with questions/comments.

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
I would be perfectly willing (and excited) to help run any kind of exhibit / demo, but I was hesitant (I belive correctly so) to volunteer, as I have not yet been accepted for sponsorship, and without sponsorship I will not be able to go... So I guess, if you sponsor me, I would be excited to help with any kind of demos!

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Ok Saturday scheduling is starting to shape up some. I'm more than willing to entertain any ideas you guys might have.

Some changes to the schedule.
  1. I cleared out the morning for 1 presentation / time slot. If there are other programs people want bumped up to a solo show, let me know.
  2. I moved the community council to be after/with lunch.
  3. I've started tracking the afternoon. Right now I have 30 minute timeslots, but I'm thinking of moving to 45 minute slots since I think 30 might be a little short for some of the material.
  4. I'm working on clearing 30 minutes mid-day for an intermission/BoF/networking session.

Don't be shy, we need non-programming presentations as well. Feel free to propose one on the talk page.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Ok, well I guess I'm sponsored, so I'll go about signing up to help with demo/exhibit stuff, and I guess propose that talk I was thinking about.

https://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Maemo_Su...8#Mini_Exhibit

We need others in attendance to signup in order to make this a reality. Realistically we need to know we have the coverage and then we will work up a reasonable set of demos ( 3-4 projects, 1-2 demo units ). These projects will have to be something that the average person can appreciate by watching a demo or using the unit for a minute or two.

I'm still in the middle of my cross-country relocation, so I apologize for not being as involved in this thread as I perhaps should, but I did go ahead and add my proposal, travel, and accommodation information.

Tags
maemo.org