Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have recently found a problem with my Mugen battery.

It is not big deal for me because I hardly reboot my N810, but this could be different to you:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=255

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
You just love complicating my life, Wes...

Guess I need to re-read the threads. How "iffy" are we talking? Are we talking about 1800MAh batts that are, say, 1600, or are we talking 900? Thats another point in favor of the 3600MAh...But I haven't heard very good reviews of the replacement back plate.
If it helps, the '1800mAh' N800 mugen battery is about 1200mAh. This was an improvement over my old nokia original which had degraded to about 800mAh.

I think I would just get the Dealextreme cheap battery. I used Mugen and it was nice, but for the price I would not do it again.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
You just love complicating my life, Wes...

Guess I need to re-read the threads. How "iffy" are we talking? Are we talking about 1800MAh batts that are, say, 1600, or are we talking 900? Thats another point in favor of the 3600MAh...But I haven't heard very good reviews of the replacement back plate.
I had Nokia N810's stock battery and later bought the Mugen. The Nokia's stock had degraded quite a bit already, but so did the Mugen. I'd say the Mugen lasted approx twice as long. Is it worth it? If you get SD mod, just toss in Mugen. If you not get SD mod, your device will be heavier and different hold. Does either matter? Your choice! But I prefer the metal case on back, I find it quite nice and classy compared to plastic (my phone is Nokia E71 has this too!) If there is going to be a good metal case for Nokia N900 for 30-50 EUR (including S&H) I'll buy it.

Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
I think I would just get the Dealextreme cheap battery. I used Mugen and it was nice, but for the price I would not do it again.
i use one of those too. it makes a great cheap, tiny, lightweight backup on long flights ( i discovered this AFTER wasting time and money on various emergency charging solutions). but after barely 3hrs., it's done, so for daily use that's not much.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I got the Mugen 3600; as with almost all my battery purchases, it worked perfectly. The only one I've had any problem with is from this company called... I don't know, oh, Nokia. I've removed the Nokia battery and the others all work fine.

The bulkiness of the Mugen package doesn't bother me, but the amount of battery charge doesn't seem that fantastic. Longer than the Nokia battery, but not that much longer.

Tags
battery, hi capacity, mugen