Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Lol $100 buck? you're kidding me.. the market is huge and everyone is on Adobe ship. No one would wasting time to reconstructing their code and spend more money to switch. May be if you're going to pay Gnash 100,000 then they might try to get it work with maemo5.

Nokia is already a partner of Adobe therefore it is hard to get to where you wanedt buddy. Like @deadmal said, Maemo browser doesn't work with Gnash..

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Bucuresti, Romania
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
http://www.youtube.com/html5

it would be nice to get rid of flash, or at least have less of it.
Not working in Firefox 3.5.5 on Windows, or Swiftfox 3.5.4 on Ubuntu. Like it or not, Flash does it best.

I have to ask myself, because sometimes now and then somebody screams about opening up Flash: what benefit do you envision from having open-source flash ? I somehow doubt that everybody will start working on it and add contributions - let's face it, it is not such an interesting piece of software to work on to begin with. The code inside probably isn't also very portable, and doesn't have a large range of uses - I doubt that one would find highly advanced features here not available elsewhere.

If its just about principles, let's go start working fulltime on gnash - but that project doesn't have much traction despite of the data specifications being in the open, which again shows that the flash runtime itself isn't very interesting to work upon.

So what would be the benefits of Adobe opening their flash implementation ?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
If Flash dies, Silverlight rules. You sure this is what you want?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
No worries, one of my "negative" threads has been silenced as well. Moderators working overtime I guess.

Originally Posted by ddalex View Post
Not working in Firefox 3.5.5 on Windows, or Swiftfox 3.5.4 on Ubuntu. Like it or not, Flash does it best.
It doesn't work in Firefox because YouTube/Google decided to go with (closed and patented) MP4/H.264 support for the video tag, while Firefox is currently supporting (open and patented-unencumbered) Theora.

http://tinyvid.tv/ has some Theora/ogv videos if you want to try it. Flash doesn't really do it best, although Flash is probably installed more places than HTML5 video support. But Firefox Theora video does work on platforms where Flash doesn't exist: PPC Linux for example.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
...my latest thread has been deleted...
I just asked how mojopac performs on your N900.
So, is "Mojopac on the N900, report how it performs here, subtopic wow mini app on N900" the thread to which you're referring then? If so, please be aware that the thread hasn't been deleted, edited, moved, or otherwise moderated. If that's not the thread in question, could you please provide more information on exactly what you're talking about? I haven't checked your entire posting history, but I don't see any posts or threads of yours that have been deleted by a moderator within about the last month at least.

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
No worries, one of my "negative" threads has been silenced as well.
Your only deleted thread was not removed due to "negativity" but for inappropriate lewdness.

Could you, perhaps, be referring to your initial impressions post ("N900 pisses me off") that I merged into the appropriate thread? If so, please note that there is, and has been, a redirect in place to assist you, and others, in finding it.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-12-11 at 19:59. Reason: merging posts

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
And thus endeth today's episode of "The Sky is Falling". Tune in tomorrow for another thrilling adventure in our series!

Sjgadsby willing, of course. Void where prohibited. Use as directed. Your mileage may vary. Don't read the tiny print.

One of your Es has been deleted too.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
One of your Es has been deleted too.
Feh. Most common letter in the English language. Nobody will miss one.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
What is the problem?
I rarely post, but my latest thread has been deleted and my last two posts have been deleted.
You don't like me pointing out that you are kissing Adobe ***
for latest flash version?
I thought this was open source and open discussion.l
Is this the thread slugger?... >> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35057

If it is then you just polluted this forum with unfounded crap because you didn't even search your own threads first.

You may have something to say about FOSS and Adobe, and it all may be valid. However, I won't bother reading it because the premise of this thread is wrong and the manner in which you posted was oh so sucky.
Have a nice day.

SLN member # 009