Originally Posted by DisCorD View Post
:P thanks! i honestly love my N9, so ill persist as long as i possibly can
I have indeed experienced the same bug on 3 different networks now. But i am beginning to think it is an issue with the router... let me explain why.

After i reproduce the error message: "there is a problem with the network connection" by taking my N9 out of range and then back into range....i restart my N9. after reboot, the error remains!

the only way to remove the error is by restarting the router...

i have reset factory settings and reflashed all firmwares in the past.
im still wondering why it seems like Matt and i are the only people experiencing this
You're not the only one. I have this bug since PR 1.0 with my D-Link router. The annoying is that sometimes it connected immediately and sometimes there is now way than reboot the router.

Last edited by delmar; 2012-10-12 at 05:39. Reason: Added connection phrase

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
You're not the only one. I have this bug since PR 1.0 with my D-Link router. The annoying is that sometimes it connected immediately and sometimes there is now way than reboot the router.
so im in, lol, its an annoying bug

Okay so I've just tested my N9 on d-link router. The problem cannot be replicated.this is most certainly a router problem. Fixed. I Can't believe it was my router the whole time. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to DisCorD For This Useful Post:
To everyone having this issue, i think i may have solved it.

Please keep in mind that every router is different so i cant give you specific instructions, but ill do my best to make the instructions clear.

Heres what i did:

step 1: open your router's web interface on your PC (consult with the router's user manual to find out how this is done)

step 2: enable "advanced settings" mode, and enter the configuration page

step 3: navigate to your WLAN settings page

step 4: change your wifi security to WPA-PSK

step 5: Look for a setting, or menu called "DHCP server" or something similar. sometimes a sub-menu under "LAN"

step 6: Disable the DHCP server. (please note that by disabling this setting, your router will no longer assign your N9, or any other wireless device, with an IP address....you will have to change the settings on your N9 and give it a static IP. you will need to know your network's settings for this)

step 7: save settings on router and restart.

Step 8: enjoy a problem-free wifi connection!

:-D

please let me know if you need any assistance. ill do my best to try and help

most of the time, this is router/AP fault. hardly client's fault..

one of suggestion to eliminate this problem is to lessen the lease time of dhcp record kept in the router/AP

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
most of the time, this is router/AP fault. hardly client's fault..

one of suggestion to eliminate this problem is to lessen the lease time of dhcp record kept in the router/AP
If it isn't client's fault, why my laptop has a perfect connection all the time while the N9 keeps on whining about something being wrong?

I find it also quite frustrating that the error message is 'something wrong', as it could simply say what's the problem!

Juska

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Juska View Post
If it isn't client's fault, why my laptop has a perfect connection all the time while the N9 keeps on whining about something being wrong?

I find it also quite frustrating that the error message is 'something wrong', as it could simply say what's the problem!

Juska
For me personally it usually is my router's fault... My laptop would be able to connect to the AP but after 1-2mins of browsing the connection wouldn't work anymore. On the N9 it'll connect and go offline so when i disconnect and re-connect it says the something wrong message.

However, throughout the whole duration my n900 not for a single second drops the connection and even doing a disconnect and re-connect wouldn't affect the connection; it works flawlessly.

A router restart fixes things up...