Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I built my first Hackintosh last march. It's rediciously easy these days. And not just easy to install, but to maintain and update as well.

Might still get a Macbook Air, but my days buying Apple desktops are over.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I built my first Hackintosh last march. It's rediciously easy these days. And not just easy to install, but to maintain and update as well.

Might still get a Macbook Air, but my days buying Apple desktops are over.
Personally I don't like Mac from the first place, but if I were to choose between a desktop Windows PC and Mac Pro.. I will definitely move to Mac Pro. I would love to see such awesome technology in a 9-inch portable device.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I would not mind run some Linux dist on Apple HW.
What's special about Apple HW - other than it is generally a lower spec than similarly priced competition?

They have one and only one advantage. The HW and SW are designed together. Unlike Windows or Linux which are designed to work on any conceivable HW under the sun, resulting in all sorts of missing drivers and other incompatibility issues that Apple cleverly sneakily avoided.

One word: Hipsters.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Personally I don't like Mac from the first place, but if I were to choose between a desktop Windows PC and Mac Pro.. I will definitely move to Mac Pro. I would love to see such awesome technology in a 9-inch portable device.
Personally I'm going to opposite direction. I have used macs for a long time. Basicly ever since Commodore/Amiga died. I love OS X, but Mac desktops have become pretty much non-upgradable. Good luck trying to switch GPU on those new Mac pros. No internal expansion space whatsoever. Its like an iMac without monitor.

Very happy with my new triple-booting (OS X, Linux , Windows) hackintosh box.

-looks great (white Bitfenix Prodigy)
-small (ITX mobo)
-really quiet and makes less noise than my previous Mac. Passive PSU, passively modded Nvidia 650ti GPU, passively cooled Intel i7 3770t (quad core with hyperthreading and 45W TDP) and only 2 quiet case fans.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I wonder what was first. Jolla's website with scroll down animated content, or Apple's Mac Pro website with scroll down animated content, or did they both copy from somewhere else..?.
First site I can remember doing that was Nike's site "A Better World" from a few years back - at least 2010 or so.