Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Theo, isn't that what they did with Vista? They released a patch which they called Windows 7. Indeed, Vista was horrible but Windows 7 was OK. You may be too young to remember the same happening with Windows 3 and 3.1. Or 98 and 98 SE. History is bound to repeat itself.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
And when I said I know MS history and won't install this preview nobody would listen... Windows 8 PRO, that I am using right now, still have some bugs, and they will leave this unfinised and launch a new version? I don't think so.
That's why Windows 8.1 Preview was released, it fixes some of Windows 8 Pro's bugs but also has its own bugs. That's why it's a "Preview" as in "Beta"..
Updates are for fixing bugs, but each update has to have some bugs, it's a large OS with large files and each bug needs a lot of time to be fixed. So it's normal if a beta or a version of Windows is buggy. That's why MS release new updates..
Edit: I tried the update again and it worked. Turned out I did something wrong before the update, and now with 8.1, I find it a lot smoother and better than the 8 Pro...

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Theo, isn't that what they did with Vista? They released a patch which they called Windows 7. Indeed, Vista was horrible but Windows 7 was OK. You may be too young to remember the same happening with Windows 3 and 3.1. Or 98 and 98 SE. History is bound to repeat itself.
I didn't say anything about Windows 8.1, I just said I won't download the new preview launched. I am waiting for an official version, and maybe it will come as a FREE update for the Win8 users.

The same thing happend with the Windows 8 Preview. People who couldn't wait for an official launch downloaded that and started complaining that is the worse windows ever built, that it's useless and so on...

I also used Vista and it wasn't that bad, Windows 7 failed me big times, but because of the updates, and right now, Windows 8 is the most fluid and well built windows I used. I wouldn't go back to xp like most of Win8 Preview user complained that they are going to do after testing that.

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Edit: I tried the update again and it worked. Turned out I did something wrong before the update, and now with 8.1, I find it a lot smoother and better than the 8 Pro...
So, what's working better than in 8PRO?

So far (what I've seen), there is a personalize option for the start screen, a new way to personalize it. Uhm, you have the swipe up feature to show all apps, 2 windows of Internet Explorer can be snapped now. You can snap 2 apps equally, not one bigger than the other. A start button is added, a resize tile option is added. Internet Explorer 11 is much smoother and faster than IE10 IMO. In Windows 8.1 Preview you have 1 animated start screen background, while in the final build you will have multiple others... The Windows Store was completely remade, you will see that a calculator metro app is included now, as well as Alarms, Reading list, Health & Fitness, Help & Tips, Scan, Sound Recorder & PC settings shortcut. Xbox Music has been remade as well. Long story short, you have a performance improvement, much faster & smoother on my laptop. New features & apps..

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Is the dragon animated background included?

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Is the dragon animated background included?
Not in the Preview, although I was really hoping for it. But it was confirmed to be there in the final build including a lot more..

One thing that annoys me ALOT with windows 8 is that it has the worst multitasking (for metro apps). I mean, if I switch to another app, it just stops. Is there any known way to keep all apps open without stoping?

One thing that annoys me ALOT with windows 8 is that it has the worst multitasking (for metro apps). I mean, if I switch to another app, it just stops. Is there any known way to keep all apps open without stoping?
How do u mean? Here it works perfectly! I can keep everything active.. But the best is trying both IE windows open in 8.1, u can work on 2 pages at the same freaking time!

I mean, from chrome is playing a youtube video (in metro mode) then i switch to desktop, the sound from youtube stops. It's annoying. And i'm not really into the side by side style.

I mean, from chrome is playing a youtube video (in metro mode) then i switch to desktop, the sound from youtube stops. It's annoying. And i'm not really into the side by side style.
Never tried it..