Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Norway
Hello friends!
I am a 25 year old guy from Norway, who fell in love with the N900. I was planning on ditching my Nokia E60 for an Android phone, until I saw the (really slick) N900 videos. Hope to put my programming skills to good use on the Maemo platform, and contribute to the society here on maemo.org. I've been lurking for some time now, and figured its time to say hi.

See you around

The Following User Says Thank You to grenadejumper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by grenadejumper View Post
Hello friends!
I am a 25 year old guy from Norway, who fell in love with the N900. I was planning on ditching my Nokia E60 for an Android phone, until I saw the (really slick) N900 videos. Hope to put my programming skills to good use on the Maemo platform, and contribute to the society here on maemo.org. I've been lurking for some time now, and figured its time to say hi.

See you around
Welcome, Grenadejumper, to the forum! I am a die-hard N800 user who does more IM-ing and Texting that phone calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Buckley, Wa
Hello,

I just got my Nokia N810 and so far love it, it is an invaluable asset for school work and entertainment. I am looking to upgrade to a N900 when i get the money. i am still learning about developing applications and linux systems but I do want to attribute to the maemo community in any way i can.

Nice to meet you all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tic-Tac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Hello from maemo-noob from Finland. After reading thru 40 pages of a single thread in a row I thought I need to register. N900 will be my first tablet, coming from Nokia 9300 and E90, will be interested to see the new form factor for me. Thanks for having me and I hope to enjoy Maemo Talk even more after registering.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulfarmer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
Greetings - this seems a great group - hope to be a useful member of it before too long.

I've been in software QA for years but am a newb on Maemo and recent Nokia devices.

I was patiently waiting for Palm to bring out my next smart phone upgrade, having been a loyal Palm/Treo user for years, (used to test Palm apps way back) but Palm lost me forever with the very disappointing Pre. So I was just about to cave and buy the lovely looking but rather expensive N97. Was going to get StyleTap Platform for Symbian to help transition me off the Treo. Then Nokia had to bring out the N900!

I wish the N900 had the same slide n tilt form factor as the N97, but the N900 specs are mostly so much better. The more I read about Maemo, the more interested I am in trying something new and learning like crazy so I can get involved.

I'm hoping the N900 will run Garnet VM (to wean me off a few Palm apps until more are available for the N900). But my many efforts to find out if it will function at all or if there's any chance Garnet VM will be ported to Maemo 5, have been fruitless so far.

I figure I have to try it myself and see. I can't wait for delivery confirmation from Amazon!

All the best...jow

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tic-Tac View Post
Hello,

I just got my Nokia N810 and so far love it, it is an invaluable asset for school work and entertainment. I am looking to upgrade to a N900 when i get the money. i am still learning about developing applications and linux systems but I do want to attribute to the maemo community in any way i can.

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome, Tic-Tac, to the forum!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Soulfarmer View Post
Hello from maemo-noob from Finland. After reading thru 40 pages of a single thread in a row I thought I need to register. N900 will be my first tablet, coming from Nokia 9300 and E90, will be interested to see the new form factor for me. Thanks for having me and I hope to enjoy Maemo Talk even more after registering.

Welcome, Soulfarmer, to the forum!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jow View Post
Greetings - this seems a great group - hope to be a useful member of it before too long.

I've been in software QA for years but am a newb on Maemo and recent Nokia devices.

I was patiently waiting for Palm to bring out my next smart phone upgrade, having been a loyal Palm/Treo user for years, (used to test Palm apps way back) but Palm lost me forever with the very disappointing Pre. So I was just about to cave and buy the lovely looking but rather expensive N97. Was going to get StyleTap Platform for Symbian to help transition me off the Treo. Then Nokia had to bring out the N900!

I wish the N900 had the same slide n tilt form factor as the N97, but the N900 specs are mostly so much better. The more I read about Maemo, the more interested I am in trying something new and learning like crazy so I can get involved.

I'm hoping the N900 will run Garnet VM (to wean me off a few Palm apps until more are available for the N900). But my many efforts to find out if it will function at all or if there's any chance Garnet VM will be ported to Maemo 5, have been fruitless so far.

I figure I have to try it myself and see. I can't wait for delivery confirmation from Amazon!

All the best...jow
Welcome, Jow, to the forum!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Hello from Finland I'm new here and also in Maemo. I'm testuser of N900 so I hope I can find some important info from this site.

Is there a bug or is it ment so that i cannot use developmet sector with this registering?

The Following User Says Thank You to koivjann For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
You can access that section, too, koivjann. It just requires a separate registration right now. They're working on a single log in but it'll take time. Welcome to the t.m.o forums.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org