Active Topics

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
The keyboard layout is amazing, having function keys on both sides removes my biggest concerns about the size of the device. Even if I cannot comfortably reach over the whole keyboard, there remains no combo for which I have to do it. Awesome!

Only the funny Caps key, I always end up remapping or disabling it on every PC I use.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Very classy design, I like it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Chen, the C and V keys are still inverted in the picture shown in the last newsletter. This is something I had mentioned some months ago when you showed me a couple early pictures on Telegram. I thought it was corrected but with this newsletter, I prefer to ask again, better safe than sorry. Can you confirm it will be fixed in the final design?

Thanks for the newsletter. I was actually checking my emails today because I felt like Christmas eve was a very timely moment to send some news about our very anticipated device. Glad you thought so too.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Chen, the C and V keys are still inverted in the picture shown in the last newsletter. This is something I had mentioned some months ago when you showed me a couple early pics on Telegram. I thought it was corrected but with this newsletter, I prefer to ask again, better safe than sorry. Can you confirm it will be fixed in the final design?

Thanks for the last newsletter. I was actually checking my emails today because I felt like Christmas eve was a very timely moment to send some news about our very anticipated device. Glad you thought the same.
Thank you! I have already sent the message out to correct this mis-placement. It's just error on the picture.

And Merry Christmas to everyone!!

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Merry Christmas to everyone.

QWERTY works or just image?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thank you! I have already sent the message out to correct this mis-placement. It's just error on the picture.

And Merry Christmas to everyone!!
Good news, thanks!

Is there any reason why the comma "," is present on two keys, close to each other? I reckon it's just an error on the picture too but I am wondering what will be the actual symbol.

It would be great to have dead keys for accents, for those writing in non-English languages with QWERTY keyboards. For instance, there is a key for ` on the left, but none for ´, or ¨, or ^.

I use Qwerty on all my computers and therefore use US-International and dead keys to type accented characters when writing in my language, and I believe I won't be able to do so here because the US-International layout does not exist for this custom keyboard design, yet I don't really want to learn something else than Qwerty. I understand that my situation might be a corner case, but those ` ´ ^ ¨ can be useful in several European languages. If they can be configured by the user, even if not visible on the keyboard, this would be enough, but I'm not sure whether mobile OSes support dead keys.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Here is the picture of the keyboard for the lazy people out there who didn't subscribe to the newsletter

Edit:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Good news, thanks!

Is there any reason why the comma "," is present on two keys, close to each other? I reckon it's just an error on the picture too but I am wondering what will be the actual symbol.

It would be great to have dead keys for accents, for those writing in non-English languages with QWERTY keyboards. For instance, there is a key for ` on the left, but none for ´, or ¨, or ^.
The second comma that you see, is actually a '
They probably used a wrong symbol over there as well.
All the symbols ` ' " ^ are there on the keyboard, so you can use them for the dead keys. Android and Maemo5 does support dead keys, don't know about the others though.
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2018-12-25 at 11:50.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Looks friking gr8.

Given that it’s real an kickin.

Especially love the arrows which I don’t have on my 900.

Also a pipe is really nice to have ease axe es to. Quick and dirty.

Will we have a TMO discount?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Its a thing of beauty. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all! Bring on 2019!

Last edited by mscion; 2018-12-25 at 14:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Merry Christmas to everyone.

QWERTY works or just image?
Merry Xmas! What variants there will be? Scandic?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit