Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
My Xperia X with Sailfish is running - I really love it! But I have a problem: I have a 128gb micro sdxc card and it is not recognized by Sailfish (Settings=>Storage: "Memory card not inserted"). I tried ext4, fat32 and exFat (formatted outside the smartphone), and I also inserted the card without formating it. The result in Sailfish is the same: "Memory card not inserted". Do I make a mistake?
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
Maybe remove and recreate partition table on your sd card ?
Thanks for the hint - unfortunately it didn't work. I recreated the partition table (checked both mbr and gpt) with GParted. I checked file systems fat32, ext4 and Btrfs. My card is a 128gb Samsung Evo+, and it works otherwise fine.

Do you have any suggestions?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to almaviva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I really miss double tap to wake

@Mikkosssss oddly with SailishOS the bottom speaker is much more silent than the top one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Thanks for the hint - unfortunately it didn't work. I recreated the partition table (checked both mbr and gpt) with GParted. I checked file systems fat32, ext4 and Btrfs. My card is a 128gb Samsung Evo+, and it works otherwise fine.

Do you have any suggestions?
Honestly, I'm out of ideas. Though I have two 32GB sd cards, one is a SuperPatriot 32GB that refuses to work in the phone no matter what I do, and one is a SanDisk 32GB that worked fine first try.

I have no idea how or why that's a thing, but it is.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Honestly, I'm out of ideas. Though I have two 32GB sd cards, one is a SuperPatriot 32GB that refuses to work in the phone no matter what I do, and one is a SanDisk 32GB that worked fine first try.

I have no idea how or why that's a thing, but it is.
I think it’s down to luck. You need lots of it when using sailfish or in bed with jolla.

Have you consider luck as the deciding factor?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Just did some testing and not impressed. Definitely can't be used as my daily driver.
- Restore from backup does different bit of data with every restore. First time it did account and messages but not contacts, on second go it did messages but not accounts, on the third go it added accounts that I have removed 2 years ago.

- After phone is turned off and turned back on it looses any sim settings (only use single sim /4G settings)

- Contacts where playing up

So yeah it's not a daily driver phone yet for me.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Did some photos at house with just lamps, so the brightness of the scene is not excellent. It seems to me that the autofocus is not working well. At a first glance the photos look great compared to Jolla C due to much better color reproduction.

But zooming into the pictures reveals them to be quite blurry, as if the focus was a bit off. In fact when tapping to get focus, to plain eye it seems there's a more focused version when it's calibrating, but the camera chooses less optimal version. I also compared with another Android phone which took much sharper picture. Jolla C also took sharper picture, but it was grainier and as mentioned before the colors were nowhere near as good as on Sony X.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Or other experiences? I still need to test on daylight.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Did some photos at house with just lamps, so the brightness of the scene is not excellent. It seems to me that the autofocus is not working well. At a first glance the photos look great compared to Jolla C due to much better color reproduction.

But zooming into the pictures reveals them to be quite blurry, as if the focus was a bit off. In fact when tapping to get focus, to plain eye it seems there's a more focused version when it's calibrating, but the camera chooses less optimal version. I also compared with another Android phone which took much sharper picture. Jolla C also took sharper picture, but it was grainier and as mentioned before the colors were nowhere near as good as on Sony X.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Or other experiences? I still need to test on daylight.

Very similar behaviour here, colours are good but i have big issues with focusing, especially with macro focusing.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I really miss double tap to wake
Use mcetool.

Yes, I agree, it's not very user-friendly to do it on the command line.

The same tool can also let you set "double tap to unlock", but it's not advised if the phone is just laying around in your pocket (risk of auto dialing something) instead of stashed into a holste or a case.

My card is a 128gb Samsung Evo+, and it works otherwise fine.
That is weird, I've exactly used such card in the past, without any problems...

A few question :

When formating the card as EXT4 in the laptop :
- did you use modern GPT partitionning ? or an old MBR style ? (I've only tested GPT myself)
- did you took time to change the access rights (by default root) ? you need to change them to the nemo user (laptop: "chown 100000:100000 /run/media/<whatever the mount point of your card>", or if mounted on the Xperia : as root "chown nemo:nemo /media/sdcard/<UUID of the partition>"

When you have the card inserted :
- what does 'mount' terminal command say ?
- is there a started sd-mount@mmcblk1p1.service ("systemctl") ? what's its status (as root, "systemctl status sd-mount@mmcblk1p1.service")
- have you tried mounting manually ? (as root : "mount -t ext4 /dev/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/sdcard")
- notice anything funny in the recent logs ? (as root : "journalctl --since '20 min ago' ")

And the most obvious question :
- You did buy it retail ? not on e-bay from some guy who sells them at 50% off ?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Thanks DrYak. Yes, I bought the card at a big retailer in Germany. It has been working quite a while in my old Nokia N8 (filled almost completely with music). For this, I formated it with this tool.

With my Sailfish X I think I tested pretty much every combination (MBR and GPT on fat32,ext4 and btrfs). I just checked GPT & ext4 once again. It still does say "Memory card not inserted" in Sailfish. I worked with different tools (mostly with GParted started as USB Live system from stick, but also with several Windows tools).

To your other questions (check "access rights (by default root)", "what does 'mount' terminal command say" etc.): Unfortunately I don't know how to do this at the moment. I am new to the Sailfish world (since yesterday), and I'm new to Linux as well (coming from Windows...). I will take this as a challenge and explore this in the weeks to come, but this will take time.

But I'm glad for having with Sailfish a real alternative to Android and iOS - a system which is not based on monetizing private data...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almaviva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Just did some testing and not impressed. Definitely can't be used as my daily driver.
- Restore from backup does different bit of data with every restore. First time it did account and messages but not contacts, on second go it did messages but not accounts, on the third go it added accounts that I have removed 2 years ago.

- After phone is turned off and turned back on it looses any sim settings (only use single sim /4G settings)

- Contacts where playing up

So yeah it's not a daily driver phone yet for me.
In the community threat is a command that solve apn settings when you reboot

Enviado desde mi Xperia X corriendo Sailfish OS

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x