Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Does the Jolla tablet actually support that option?
Both hardware-wise (USB OTG with enough power) and software?
Excellent question that merits some investigation.
Too bad I did not try OTG when I had my tablet; that's something I'll have to look into later when I get the replacement.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I will say with the nexus 7 and LineageOS I have had a recurring problem with USB OTG becoming unresponsive when using flash drives despite the service for charging and USB keyboard always works. No idea what it is and being a non-GNU Linux I am not sure how to track down the issue. the problem crops up and can persist for months sometimes if I am lucky fixing itself for a bit if I reflash to certain saves. The issue even presents itself in the TWRP recovery manager. Not sure if this a hardware or software issue but worth considering.
Of course this is a major problem because the MTP connection is super wonky.
Franky it is tricky getting data on and off of Android based devices, not sure if that is by design. But on the N900 be it a flash card, USB, USB host mode, wifi, or bluetooth the transfer is sweet and easy unlike Android.
(edit)
OK, today was hardware day...
I tweaked my slightly bent Nexus USB port, now it works, but it turns out that my little OTG adapter is NOT working . So not software or something inherent in the design of the Nexus, with the springy teeth the charge and keyboard cables/jacks worked fooling me.
I also got Amaze file manager going, it has an FTP server included. Cant get it working secure but for a few minutes of online at home annon login is enough to tweak or backup files from my laptop.
I bet the loose port is what was making my MTP connection so flaky too.
I will say that unlike the N900 the Nexus7's USB port is anchored down quite well and just took some bending with a screwdriver tip to get it OK.

Last edited by biketool; 2017-07-09 at 12:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
I finally bought a second hand Nexus 7 with LTE in real good condition (no visible marks of any usage, don't know how the guy kept it in that condition), for about 130 EUR.

Flashed Lineage OS on it, configured users profiles and installed some apps... I must say, from an "entertainment" device point of view it is quite good. Don't get me wrong, for ssh or mail (or any other security/productive activity) I will still use my N900, but for lets say online videos, tv channels, music etc. I could use the tablet.

I only have one little thing that is bothering me : how to get weather working on the tablet. No good results when it looks for "cyanogenmodweatherprovider" on F-Droid or Google Play.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Wow, tried checking it out, but indygogo runs so many damn scripts I got sick of trying to unblock. It is literally an unusable website, I will wait til someone does a useful story on that tablet.
you need
indiegogo.com
iggcdn.com
stripe.com

I also allowed session cookie for indiegogo.com and www.indiegogo.com

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I'm thinking of getting the Xiaomi Mi Mix. It has a 6.4 inch screen. Not quite a tablet but close. Apparently Lineage OS is available for it. I'm looking into it. Assuming it is working well, would someone provide a link that shows how to port Sailfish on a device that is running Lineage. Thanks! .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
I only have one little thing that is bothering me : how to get weather working on the tablet. No good results when it looks for "cyanogenmodweatherprovider" on F-Droid or Google Play.
Replying to myself.

Here at the bottom :

Weather Providers
YahooWeatherProvider.apk
OpenWeatherMapWeatherProvider.apk
WundergroundWeatherProvider.apk

The Following User Says Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:

Tags
lineageos, tablet